Chapter 35

Hero

It's been 5 days.
5 very long, endless days when I haven't been able to get in touch with her once.
It seems like a nightmare, but it's reality and I can't get over it.

I even went home to my mom because I couldn't stand the loneliness in my house anymore.
The deafening silence and too many hours of thinking about her.

I signed a contract with Gucci, and I'm supposed to be over the moon, but I feel like I'm ten feet under.
I tried to go out with some friends in the evening, but the mind can not relax and the thought goes constantly to her.
I can't even say her name without feeling empty inside.

What did I do wrong to deserve that kind of treatment?
I don't know. I don't understand and I'm angry, I don't even know who at this point.

I take my phone, now it's almost an unconditional reflex.
I always check if there are notifications from her but I'm disappointed all the time.

I sigh unlocking the screen.

Mia - New message

Hold on.

Mia?

I open with my hands shaking.
I have really exaggerated reactions but I can't control myself more than that.

Mia: Hero, how are you?

That's just not what I expected.
Really. I don't waste time and answer  her immediately, also because the message is from several hours ago.
When I checked before, I must have missed it!

Me: Bad. How are you?

Her answer comes almost immediately.

Mia: My friend is crazy, I know. Don't give up, we'll get her back on track. I'm on your side. Tell me if I can help you. I can't talk because she's right next to me...

I stare at the phone and read the message several times.
I still have a chance if Mia's on my side.

Me: Thank you Mia! I don't even know what to do... nor do I know what I did to make her run away like that!

Mia: You didn't do anything...  when Jo feels that things are getting serious, she runs away... simply! You'll have to change her mind...

So I didn't do anything? How could she just runs off like that, all of a sudden...
I hold a hand on my face taking a deep breath...

Me: How? What can I do?

I really hope Mia has some answers for me...
I'm losing my mind!

Mia: Let me think about something... I'll update you! When are you going to Canada?

Me: I'm leaving in two days...I could stop in Los Angeles before I go home...

Mia: Okay, I'll see what I can do...

This little chat with Mia has lifted my spirits...
It's not all lost and if Jo is just afraid to commit, we can find a solution...
I'm gonna take a deep breath and put my phone away.
The Instagram notifications have finally returned to an acceptable number and I can ignore them as I have always done.

Rose gave her side of the story, and things calmed down a little bit.
I assume that the credit is also and above all Jamie but she does not like to brag about what she does. She acts in silence and generally solves everything brilliantly.