Chapter 22 - Josephine

Josephine

"Are you listening to me?" Mia asks as she bites into a brioche at the table in the bar where we came this morning ...

I have to do a photo shoot with Hero soon but I wanted to see Mia first and let me tell about her evening ...
Only after what Hero told me yesterday, I'll probably have something to tell her too!

I don't want to monopolize the conversation and it is right for her to tell me everything from start to finish, but I have a great desire to interrupt her and tell her everything!
Don't get me wrong! I'm interested in her story, it's just that this thing is inside me and is about to explode !!!

"Yes, sure! You went to an Italian restaurant, then?" I take a sip of fruit juice and watch her carefully.

"Yes! I don't know how he knew ..."
Oh, I know ...
A smile comes to me spontaneously but I try to distract myself so as not to be discovered!

"And it was all perfect!"
She looks dreamy and every 3 words she sighs lost in her world ...
It's wonderful to see her like this and I'm so happy for her!

"He's ... he's so sweet! Seeing him with his friends, he doesn't seem... he always makes silly jokes, laughs and jokes... but when we're alone..." She sighs again "Ohh Jo ... when we are alone ... "

We both burst out laughing and I think I understand the allusion...

"So in the end..." I smile

"I followed my instinct..." she blushes, looking away.

"And you are back at the resort..."
I continue the sentence for her.

"Together..." She concludes placing her hands on her face while smiling.

"I would say that even after dinner ... you enjoyed yourself then!"
I tease her to ease her embarrassment a little.

"Oh my God yes ..." she looks at me widening her eyes and I can't help but laugh again.

"We had fun ... 3 times !!!"

"Oh fuck!" I put my hand to my mouth hoping that no one has heard me, while I turn to the other people who are continuing to have breakfast ...

She bursts out laughing and continues to eat amused ...
"Yes, that's the right expression ..."

"Ok, I don't want to know more ... the important thing is that everything went well!"

"Yes, tonight he wants to go out again and I couldn't refuse ... after all he will be back in London in a few days and ..." she sighs "I don't like this!"

"I know ..." Hero will also have to go home very soon, although I hope he can arrange with Jamie to stay here before the film to be shot in Canada ...

"Don't talk to me about it!"

"What about you? How's it going?" she looks at me curiously "You have heart-shaped eyes and radiant skin ... you two too I think you're getting into it, huh?" She bursts out laughing and I look around again hoping that no one has heard us!

"Mia!" I widen my eyes amused
"So far you are blushing and now you go out like this?"

"Come on, tell me !!!"

"What do you want to know?" I take her away ...
I want to tell her what he told me yesterday but I don't know how to do it and I don't even know if I can say it aloud: so far it seemed almost a dream!

"Everything! What questions!"

"Yesterday ... well yesterday ..." I take a deep breath "He said he loves me!"

I see Mia's face go from fun to shock in an instant, then rekindle a smile right after ...
"OH FUCK!" She screams and this time they all turn around.

"Can you make more silence, please?!?"
I hide my face in my hands.

"No wait, did he tell you he loves you?!? So, out of nowhere?"

"After ... after making love ..." I whisper

"Oh fuck!"

"Can't you say anything else?" I burst out laughing

"I do not know what to say!" she exclaims amazed "It's a fantastic thing !!! Jo !!!" She takes my hands on the table "It's a very sweet thing!"

"Yes but you don't know the hilarious part what it was ..." I close my eyes at the memory.

"Don't tell me you've done some trouble, huh ..."

"No ... I just stared at him like a fool, I couldn't tell him anything! Nothing! I just looked at him for endless minutes and that's it!"

Mia stops to think for a moment "Don't you love him too?"

"Yes, definitely yes ... that is, I've never been in love, but I've never felt what I feel for him, so I assume that what I feel is love ..."

"I can't help you much in this sense, I think I've never been in love either ... but they say that when you are, you feel it ... it's something different than just liking someone ... I don't know if you understand ... "

"Yes, I understand ... I really think I feel something very strong for him ... I don't know how to give it a name, I don't even know if I want to give it to him now ..."
I look down and tears appear in my eyes.

"What's wrong, Jo?" She looks at me worried

"As you said, they will soon be back in London and ... how are we going to do it?" I take a deep breath and wipe my face with one hand "I don't know if I can handle this... it was easier when we were just friends, now ... now I don't know!"

"So, don't leave again with your classic paranoia eh... I know that your little brain works night and day constantly, especially in these cases... Live the moment, the time you have here with him now! then, one thing at a time, it can be fixed ... "

I nod and have the strength just to look at her, without speaking ...

Ring my cell phone and I'll take a quick look at the bag ...

Hero: I miss you...

"Your smile is back ..." Mia points out to me... "Is it by chance Hero?" She looks at the phone and I nod, letting out a laugh, wiping again some tears that have fallen ...

"See? You're scared and I understand you ... but this guy is good for you! He makes you happy like I've never seen you before..." she strokes my hand and winks at me "We could ask him and Alex to move to Los Angeles... " She jokes

I burst out laughing with her, even if the idea, absurd as it may be, would love to die ...
It's a dream, but sometimes it's also good to dream about things you know won't come true ...

"Now I have to go, the photoshoot is soon and they have to get ready ..." I put my cell phone back in my bag and get up with my friend ...

"Okay, see you later?" she hugs me and we say goodbye, while I get into an Uber and she into another ...

Sliding Doors - 2 (English Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें