Chapter 30

"Hey, what happened?" Felix takes my face in his hands to look at me better.

"Did you cry?" whispers Alex worried

"I'll explain later..." I move and wait with them for the Uber we called.

"We greet the girls..." Proposes Morgz "We avoid this thing at FT..."

"Thank you..." I sigh as they move away and I move a bit more to stay on the sidelines.
All we need is that I have to explain why I am like this.

I'm looking at my phone again.
The chance of her calling me is practically below zero, but hope is always here.

I feel my stomach upside down.
I sigh for the umpteenth time trying to calm down but the thoughts run fast and I don't know anymore how to stop them, let alone control them.

What the hell happened tonight?
I should have stayed at the resort as I thought at the beginning... I knew it!

It's amazing to think that in a few hours we've been looking for each other, kissing each other and making sweet eyes at each other and leaving each other in a bad way.

I still don't believe it.
How did this happen?

I have to talk to her.
I don't know how, but I have to.

The boys come back soon after, fortunately alone and do not ask too many questions.
I stay silent all the way to the resort thinking about how much she could scream and tell me to go to hell if I showed up at her door right now.

At this point I have to try, I have no choice, even if she yells at me!

"We have arrived..." Felix shakes me from numbness and I nod and go down after them... A tear escapes my control and I hurry to dry it with one hand.

I see the guys looking at me worried but I'm not going to say anything, at least not now.

"I'll be back soon..." I inform them as I walk to Jo's room.

I have no idea what I'm gonna tell her, I don't know if she's gonna let me talk, I don't know anything... I feel my head empty of every thought and at the same time full of things to say! Absurd!

I take a deep breath and knock on her bedroom door.

Silence.

"Jo, open... We need to talk..." I knock again.
Nothing.
No sound is heard.
I knock again.

"Really! I'm not leaving here if you don't open..."
It's practically morning time.
I don't know exactly what time it is but the sun is already rising.

"Jo!" I knock again louder and in the meantime I take my phone to call her.
As soon as I press "Call," the call goes straight to voicemail.
She turned her phone off. Perfect.
Josephine knows how to get off the radar.
She knows all too well, and this time she's on the run.

She's running from me!

My heart is shattered.
I have no breath.
I lean with my back to the wall and slide down, on the ground, on the floor while the tears flow uncontrollably.
I close my eyes, hoping that sooner or later she will come out of this door, if only to go to breakfast.
I won't bother her anymore, I'll respect her privacy if she don't want to talk to me later, but we need to clarify...
The phone rings in my hands and I suddenly open my eyes.
My heart skips a beat hoping it's her.

On the screen I read "Alex"

I sigh as the heartbeat tries to return to normal, without much success.

"Hey..." I sigh closing my eyes again, leaning my head against the wall.