"Okay!"

"But there's this awkwardness between you and Mr Mubin that I thought there's something between you two. Well, especially..... "

"Wait, who did you said?" Noor interrupted, her brows knitting curiously, Nadia realised she have said too much.

"What? Who? Me?" And she begun to  play dump pointing at herself as if she didn't really said anything. "No, nothing, dear!" She further added dismissively.

Noor only chuckles at her friend, as she isn't planning on dwelling on that. She knew Nadia will rather die than repeat that sentence again. It's funny though. How everyone of them is trying so hard.

"Isma'il, he used to smile a lot. He still does, but it isn't as bright. You know, he have this thing like a smiling syndrome. Asmara fell in love with that side of his. She came here one day with a pineapple pie in hands for him, thinking he's in love with her too." She changed the subject out of the blue

"Wow, but your cousin do still smiles a lot." She laughs.

"Nadia!" She called after a while, when the two both carried away in their thought. It's a Saturday morning, Nadia has spend the previous  night there. She's invited by Noor to spend the weekend with them and also be part of the dinner. Though, for the months, that place has been to Nadia that she doesn't need a special invitation to there. After nobody from her home cares where's.

"What's it?"

"Well, I feel like there something between Isma'il and I."

"Uhhh, maybe there's and maybe there isn't. I don't know. You don't really talk about yourself so much. But I know you too are very close." Gone, were the days when Nadia was crushing over him. For since she learned his strong feelings for her friend, everything completely vanished in the thin air, just like that. It's clearly a losing battle. Nevertheless, she wasn't any less surprised when she realised that the girl that Noor told her he's in love with, was actually herself.

"You'll are working together!" Noor said pointing her friend. She's on the barge of giving up on inquiring for anything from them.

While they're at that, a knock comes from the door and whoever it's, didn't wait for permission  come to in from the ajar door.

"Hello! Helloww!" She sing sang upon entering.

"Nabilah!" They said as once at the ever so clumsy person.

.........

It's late October, and the weather is a bit complicate, from windy to rainy and some days warm. So being it warm that day,  they decided to have their dinner outside, the in garden. And everything about that particular moment bring nostalgia to Noor.  Something their feels awfully familiar but she can't put finger on it.

The tantalizing smell of the barbeque species and the setting, a lot was putting her in the surge of her excitement, she can almost hear the laughter of what she's forgotten, yet it remain just that.

Asabe has prepared a garlic shrimp pasta as the main course, well she's also there. Noor said she's there with her when no one was, so she's also family. While Aunt Rabia brought her famous bobotie from home. For dessert, Aunt Jamila baked a bundt cake, while Isma'il grill the fish and some potatoes. It's a feast and they're enjoying, laughing and chatting among themselves and trying hard to keep their conversation within the line.

"How does it feel to not remember?" Zarah suddenly asked when the noise quiet down and the girl earned herself a glare from her mother, Rabia.

"Don't mind her, Noor!" Her aunt dismissive.