"Humn," Ms. Jennifer went cutting her eyes at Dean.

Dean laughs though her face was angst. "Wey yuh duh wid di nine hundred grand wey mi mek yuh collect from one a mi first big scamming hoist?

Yuh ever consider sey if mi neva duh all a wha mi duh wi wouldn't have nothing?

Not to talk about mi fucking pack a postinor 2 wey yuh tek and cause mi fi get pregnant. What if things didn't turn out to what it is now?" Dean's voice kept rising as she asks questions after questions.

They were looking at each other and Dean says. "Appreciate what you have and be grateful, you have no idea what I have gone through fi have wey mi have and di next time yuh feel like mi must split wey mi have wid yuh even, wake bloodclaate up to reality. What's mines is mines, a mi did affi pretend sey mi a have sex wid mi favourite actor fi get it. We a come from cooking outta door just like what yuh doing now, until mummy build on di kitchen pon di house, go and get a job to help yuh husband and show mi sey yuh can mek somn outta life widout wha nearly cost us our lives."

Cam walks slowly away and then Desmond followed, I thought Dean was going to cry because of all the emotions I heard in her voice but when she turn and spoke to her mother there was an underlying strength that I could not help but admire.

"Your pressure is gonna go sky high if you keep arguing and making Cam's behavior the order of your day."

Ms. Jennifer says nothing and Dean glance at me before going inside our tent, I helped Desmond to build a kitchen close by their tent that evening and he took the other new six burner gas stove from out the container. I knew it was costing him a lot more to be cooking for themselves, but every man has got to stand on their own two feet. Their fridge was out next and I would have to keep a keen check on our energy usage.

The week went by without any more conflicts and with the planning for Ms. Jennifer to go and meet up with her spouse. That was until my phone rings with my cousin calling from Jamaica on the Sunday I and Donahue carried out our parents.

Dean's pov

  I think the best and safest thing was to let my mom meet Mr

I think the best and safest thing was to let my mom meet Mr. Cleve in St. Maarten, there were beautiful places and lovely hotels they could visit. Demar agrees and she's super excited to go, so I booked her flight so that she would arrive the day before her man does. I was happy for her that she is finally going to see him again and hope in the future he will take the long trip here. For now it's best he thinks that she still resides in Jamaica.

Demar was spending an awful lot of time in the container on his laptop, each time my curiosity leads me to peek on what he was doing, he was sometimes fast asleep with the screen flashing hundreds of numbers in some kind of sequence. I did not understand most of his technical job, but I feel content that it was just work which was keeping him away from his bed and nothing other.

Seeing how stressed and tired he looks the following morning I decide to take him out at the end of the week, we hadn't have sex since my period ended and I was glad he hasn't been pressuring me for any. Our relationship was normal, a big difference from my former one. Demar enjoys the simple things, he didn't want anything too extravagant and he wasn't demanding.

In the privacy of the nice hotel that weekend we made passionate love, we were both spent and went to sleep afterwards. Or I was the only tired one I think to myself, after I wake up and saw Demar sitting with his laptop. I watch him for a while as he seem to be programming something, I guess I was really tired because I fell back asleep soon afterwards.

I could have sworn Demar had told me that his contract with the company would soon be up, whatever he was working on seemed extremely important. His mind appears to be elsewhere as we drive home that Sunday afternoon, I've known him to be okay even with work pressure and now I think something is definitely wrong.

"Yuh good babes?" He ask pulling me from my thoughts and I hissed and replied.

"No."

I knew he was looking at me but I refused to look at him. "Wha a di problem?" He ask.

"You," I answered simply.

He slowed to a stop at the side of the road and turn in his seat looking at me, I turn my gaze through the window away from him and fling his hand off when he touch me. He took a deep breath and release it before asking.

"Wey mi duh?"

I decide to be difficult and not answer him. "Yuh did waan guh somewhere else? Talk tuh mi nuh," he ask saying to me.

"Yuh can gwane wid yuh laptop and whatever work yuh a focus pon, tsk wish mi could a tek back mi fuck wey mi gi yuh lastnight."

He was laughing before I had finish speaking. "Ha ha ha ha ha waaaaiiee murdahhh, mi can gi yuh it back tonight ino," he laughs heartily and says.

"A somn mi a work pon fi mek a money, it nah guh as fast as how mi want it. Ahmn, mi did duh some work fi one tech company and dem fi pay mi some money. Mi think mi would a did get it by now fi push dah project yah and also have money fi duh other things but," he explains and leave the rest hanging.

It seems he was embarrassed to tell me about his disappointment, or he- "mi know yuh probably a sey mi coulda ask yuh fi borrow it or suh but tru mi nuh know how much yuh have stash wey, mi neva really waan ask yuh," he reasoned.

I let what he says sink in and then I ask him. "Umuch yuh need?"

He seemed to be doing some calculations in his head and then he says. "About ten grand U.S."

"Ok, when yuh need it?" I say and ask him.

"From last week," he says with a grimace.

"A'right me e gi yuh it lata," I tell him and he stare at me for a few seconds before starting up the truck.

To be continued...