"Yuna, you can sit wherever you want."

"Huh, what do you want?"

I sat on a chair as I asked that question.

"I wanted to request something of you."

"A request?"

I asked.

"I won’t ask for the king, but could you be our contact with the Feudal Lord of Crimonia?"

"A contact?"

"A lot of things happened here recently, didn’t they? The Mayor fled, there was a scandal with the Commerce Guild, and the Kraken appeared. If we leave everything as it is, we will have a lot of troubles moving onward. So, I had an idea. Would it be possible for you to go and talk with the Feudal Lord-sama of Crimonia for us?"

"That means you want to join the province, right?"

"Yes, that’s right."

"Have the other citizens been informed of something that important?"

"They haven’t. However, they have entrusted us with what will happen to the city from now on."

Grandpa Kuro responded.

"These three are the people who have been elected. There are normally five of us, but two fled."

"So, after talking about it, we decided to join the province. When considering the future of the children of this city, the current system is inadequate."

"Then, when we were pondering which province would be good, we thought ‘How about Crimonia, where Yuna came from?’"

"But, there are other cities that you are trading with, aren’t there? Aren’t those closer?"

"I don’t know the situation in your province, but the Feudal Lords of those cities aren’t any good. They only think about their own profits. Before the bandits appeared, we asked them to kill the Kraken for us, but they asked for an astronomical amount of money to do it."

"That was also one of the reasons we didn’t try to stop the Commerce Guild. You see, they said that they were gathering money for the extermination fee, so we weren’t able to say anything. If the Feudal Lords didn’t ask for that much money, then maybe that bastard from the Commerce Guild wouldn’t have done it."

"This is our fault as well."

The three old men hung their heads in shame.

I was wondering why Grandpa Kuro would willingly accept those orders from the Commerce Guild, but this was the reason, huh.

When they were told that it was to raise money for killing the Kraken, they had no choice but to obey, huh?

"This is why we would like Yuna to go and talk with the Feudal Lord-sama of Crimonia."

"Of course, we will pay taxes. In return, if something happens to the city, we want him to help us."

The old men all bowed.

"For now, I understand what you want, but I don’t know what will happen."

"We don’t mind. So, can we ask you to do it?"

"I understand. If it’s just talking to him, I will do it."

"That would save us. Please give this to the Feudal Lord-sama. All the details are written inside."

I took the letter and stood up.

If I had to go, the faster I did it, the better.

"Are you going back right now?"