******

Its been two weeks.

I haven't seen, nor spoken to Alex at all. I haven't been going to work, for obvious reasons.

Alex has been kind enough to respect my wish of wanting space, and hasnt texted me one.

I miss him.

I miss him so fucking much. But I'll have to get over it. Because I'm breaking up with him.

Ive been looking around for jobs over the last two weeks. I've applied for a few, and am waiting for a response.

I dont want to, but its the right thing to do right? I know it is. But the problem is I dont care. I still want to be with him. But I have to fight my feelings.

Sighing, I put my elbows on the table, leaning forward and resting my head in my hands.

I haven't been sleeping well. I simple dont feel safe, and the break up I need to do is leaving me restless.

All problems would be solved with Alex beside me.

Why the hell cant he be a normal guy?

Why couldn't he just have been my boss. Why did he have to be in a fucking mafia. And why did I have to fall in love with him off all people.

"Are you okay?"

I look up, seeing Casey walk into the kitchen.

"Fine" I shoot him a smile. "I know a fake smile when I see one" He chuckles, sitting down on the chair beside me. "What's up?" He asks.

"Its nothing" I mumble, looking down at my mug of hot chocolate that has gone cold by now. "Why are you avoiding him?" Casey asks.

"No reason" I tell him.

"Did he hurt you?" Casey asks, and I scowl, shaking my head. "No, of course not" I mumble.

"So its the mafia thing?" Casey asks, and I snap my head up to look at him. "H-how.?-" "Unimportant" He shrugs.

I sigh, knowing there's no point in questioning it. "Yes" I answer his previous question.

"Do you love him?" Casey asks after a few minutes of silence. "Yes" I tell him honestly.

"Are you going to break up with him?" Casey says, and I look back down at the table and nod. Its the right thing to do, I repeat to myself.

"Why?" He says. I look at him confused. "He kills people" I tell him slowly.

"And what will breaking up with him do?" Casey asks, and I go to say something but stop.

What will it do?

Leave me sad, lonely and miserable. But what good will it do?

"Are you scared of him?" Casey asks. "No, I know he's never hurt me" I answer.

"So why leave him? Why cause yourself unnecessary pain and sadness, when you dont have to?" Casey says.