"Astagfirullah, Noorie. No, you didn't lost your hair because of that. You see, you had a head injury, so for the surgeon to clearly see what they're doing, they had to shave your hair for the surgery."

"Oh!" Yeah she wasn't crying anymore, but her eyes have widen for the fact that her hair have been shaved entirely. "Did you see my bald head? It must have looked like a soccer ball. Oh that's terrible."

"No, I did not see it, Noorie!" Isma'il was quick to say knowing exactly where the conversation may be heading.

"That's not true, if my hair have been shaved, then everyone have seen how ugly I looked, bald."

"No one had seen it because you had bandage all over." He pointed with his head, how her head was covered up.

"Oh, abbah must have been so sad to see me like that!" And the gloom returned to her face.

"Of course, Noorie, but that only made your abbah a lot more stronger. You know that you're your abbah's dream, his precious, so not doubt about it. He's sad, but you're all better, look you. You're even crying." He pointed at her face and she wipes as silent come them. And it amazed Nafisa how Isma'il was able to calm her down in few minutes.

"Isma'il!" She called after a while and he averted his eyes from starting in space. "I don't want be in this hospital room anymore. I want to go out, I know I can't walk, but I want some fresh air. I feel like I'm suffocating in here. Can't I go out!" It wasn't less than beautiful for Isma'il to witness Noor's emotions like that.

"You can, Noorie! You can, dear. Beside I already told you that you'll start your physiotherapy tomorrow. And don't worry about your hair, it's growing nicely." Noor nodded, but asked another question again.

"Will it be bad if I don't recall my memories?" She stares at him like a clueless child.

"It won't be bad because you have all you the memories that matters. So Noorie, don't think too much about it, okay."

....

Abbah had try selecting who visit Noor and who doesn't. Especially their family in Zaria. He knew his daughter wasn't fond of them. And he doubt they will be any pleasant or put Noor in to good consideration while talking. Particularly with Nafisa being there. He knew how bulgar those people can be.

Though, despite his insistence to stop Hajiya Atika from coming to visit, the old woman still came, with her usual claim of their lack of respect for her, even though has been a mother to all of them.

She claimed that she's also been sick, but for the love of her granddaughter, she still came over.

"Wallahi, I don't know you anymore, Adamu Or how you have been thinking lately. You have became so secretive, not sharing anything with me as if I'm not the same woman that raised. When I asked of Nuratu's health, you said she was fine, but look at her. She's still stuck in bed."

"Hajiya, Noor is not stuck in a bed. She's even at home right now. It's just that there's no need for you to be here." Abbah try to reason.

"It just seem to me that you don't want me coming to your luxurious house. Now that you don't come to Zaria anymore, how will we see each other? That's why I decided to come." Hajiya Atika though, care less about each of them, it's just her curiosity taking the best her.

Rumor has it around their family that,  Noorur-rahman is brain dead, which is why her father refused visit. And Hajiya was there to confirm that and how Rabi'a escaped Yakubu. It's no news that she wasn't married to him anymore.

Hajiya Atiku knew who Yakubu was. So when she practically forced her late husband to accept his proposal, she knew exactly the kind of situation she's putting Rabi'a. Her friend had assured her that her stepdaughter will be as good as dead. And never in her wildest dream did she ever imagine Rabi'a meeting again.