𝟖𝟎. 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢

The vampires arrive at a field covered by snow, surrounded by pine trees

The vampires arrive at a field covered by snow, surrounded by pine trees. Each vampire stays with their partner or friend, analysing the place, realising the Volturi haven't arrived yet.

Mack holds Athena's hand while she takes her father's. The guy doesn't let his daughter's hand go, trying to hear Aro's thoughts.

-I feel them close. - Edward whispers to his wife, who nods immediately, without looking away from the field.

-Me, too. - She responds.

-If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman. - Garrett tells Kate, who immediately turns to look at him.

-Now you tell me. - The blonde girl says mockingly, holding her partner's hand. Mackenzie smiles lightly by hearing the tiny conversation.

Carlisle holds Esme's hand, who half-smiles at him before he leans in to kiss her lips shortly.

Everyone gets defensive, heariing multiple stepd approaching.

-The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming! - Garrett repeats many times, becoming anxious.

Mackenzie tenses when seeing the uncountable amount that starts approaching. Each Cullen gets defensive by seeing how Aro and the whole Guard appear from within the witnesses. Athena hides behind her mother while Edward stands beside his wife to intertwine their hands, demonstrating their daughter they're protecting her.

Aro analyses the vampires that are on the Cullens' side, searching for a certain immortal.

-Aro's looking for Alice and... - Edward stops talking, noticing Aro stares at Mack.

-Irina. - The Denali sisters whisper, holding each other's hands by seeing htier sister walk with the Volturi.

Irina looks away immediately, realising the mistake she has made. The wolves start appearing from behind the Cullen coven, until arriving with the vampires, giving them an advantage against the Volturi.

Immediately, the Volturi stop on their tracks and reveal their faces. Carlisle, taking iniciative, takes some steps forward, until ending up in front of his friends and family.

-Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner. - He says calmly, knowing he can be heard, despite the distance.

-Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us. - Aro analyses every single immortal, stopping on Mackenzie.

-I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken. - Carlisle assures.

-We see the child. Do not treat us as fools. - Caius orders.

-She is not an Immortal! - Carlisle yells, tired of the situation. - These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks.