𝟐𝟕. 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

Mackenzie keeps her eyes closed, feeling the sun on her face and body

-Aren't you gonna miss this? - The Swan sisters' mother asks, catching their attention who were taking in the sun. - Can't you just feel the vitammin D soaking up in your pores?

Mackenzie opens her eyes for a moment to look at her mother.

-Yeah, I am gonna miss this. - The brown haired girl admits, making her mother smile.

-You know, colleges in Florida are a lot more sunnier. - Renée says while taking a sip of her iced tea.

-We both presented for the University of Florida, mom. Even though Mackenzie presented for the University of Alaska and Seattle. - Bella says, putting a pair of sunglasses on.

-I'm just saying, if Mackenzie go to the Univeristy of Alaska or Seattle, I'm never gonna see her. - The mentioned one grimaces by hearing her mother's words.

-It all depends on if they accept me. They might accept me in the University of Florida. - Mackenzie says, looking at the sea, putting her sunglasses on. - Besides, the Haute Couture program of Seattle and Alaska are really great.

-You mean, Edward program? - Renée jokes while looking at her youngest daughter.

-Mom, I didn't present in the Universities of Alaska and Seattle for Edward. - Mack says, looking at her mother until looking back at Edward who's inside the house, looking at the girl.

-The way he watches you, Mack,  it's like he's willing to leap in front of you and take a bullet or something. - Renée admits, getting her daughter's attention.

-Is that a bad thing? - Mackenzie asks, grimacing.

-No, it's an intense thing. You're different with him. - Renée points out. - You move, he moves. Like magnets.

-I don't know, mom. We're just... - Mack can't finish because her mother interrupts her.

-In love. I get it. I just want to make sure you and your sister make the right choices for you. You know, because you're the ones who are gonna have to live with them. - Mackenzie takes her sunglasses off at the same time as Bella. - All right, enough with the heavy.

Renée stands up and boops Mackenzie's nose before running into the house. Mack looked at her sister, confused who shrugged, also confused.

-Congraduation. - The woman says, returning with two boxes.

The Swan sisters look back at their mother and, with a smileon their faces, starts shaking their heads. Bella stands up and sits by her twin's side while Mack sat up.

-Mom, we didn't want you to spend any of your money. - Both twins say in unison, receiving the present from their mother.

-Didn't spend a single cent. - Renée admits, making her daughters smile.