𝟑𝟗. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

Mackenzie gest out of the tent after putting the necklace that Edward gave her on

Mackenzie gest out of the tent after putting the necklace that Edward gave her on. She puts the engagement ring on and exits the tent, finding Seth in his wolfy form. The girl gives him half a smile and approaches him.

-Hey, Seth. - She greets, rubbing his head. The wolf purrs, closing his eyes, enjoying Mack's touch.

The brown-haired girl finishes rubbing Seth's head after noticing how her fiancé approaches them. Seth glances at Edward before turning around and hide in between the snow-covered forest-

-Where's Embry? He left already? - Mack asks, approaching Edward.

-Not yet. He's checking if the woods are clear before he goes. - The guy explains, taking his partner's waist who takes him by the neck.

-Sorry about last night. That couldn't have been easy on you. - She grimaces.

-It won't make my list of top ten favourite evenings. - Mackenzie frowns and smiles at him.

-You have a list? - The girl jokes. Edward smiles and nods.

-All ten I spent with you. - The vampire admits, making the human get a blush on her cheeks. - Like when you said you'd marry me, Mrs. Cullen.

Mackenzie bites her loower lip and shakes her head before getting closer to him and kiss his lips who instantly responds.

-You're marrying him? - The future married couple pulls away to look at Embry who glares at them.

Mack slowly gets away from Edward, but Embry immediately turns around, getting away from them.

-I suppose you knew he was listening. - She tells Edward who slowly nods.

-He deserves to know. - The brown-haired girl nods.

-Yes, but not like this. - The girl exclaimes, crossing her arms.

Mack has intentions of following Embry, but feels how she's taken by the wrist.

-Mack, please. - The girl looks at Edward and lightly shakes her head.

-I gotta talk to him. I'm not mad at you, but I have to talk to him. - The human gets closer to the vampire to leave small peck on his lips before following the werewolf. - Embry.

-Was that what you wanted to tell me? That you're marrying Edward? - The wolf sneeres, looking back at Mackenzie who finds herself with her arms crossed.

-You were gonna find out at some point. In fact, I find it odd that you haven't noticed the enagement ring. - The brown-haired girl admits, looking at Edward's mother's ring.

-Don't you understand that I'm in love with you?! - Embry screams, strongly taking Mackenzie by the arms who grimaces.

Mack gets abruptly off his grip while wincing.