𝟖. 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Bella, Mackenzie and Jacob are in Bella's truck with intentions of testing the motorcycles

Bella, Mackenzie and Jacob are in Bella's truck with intentions of testing the motorcycles. Bella keeps driving while Mackenzie is beside her. Jacob's on the passenger'r seat, leaving the younger twin in the middle.

-If I told you I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you two have said? - Jacob asks after staying quiet for a while.

-Are you doubting your mad skills? - Mackenzie asks, glancing at the guy.

-No, definitely not. They'll run fine. It's just that if I was smart, I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit.- The girl doesn't reply, letting her twin do so.

-If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, we would say that that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do. - Bella says, making him laugh.

Mackenzie looks at the road, realising there's a cliff, where there's a group of boys. After advancing a little more, she realises that that's Sam Uley.

-Is that Sam Uley? - She suddenly asks, catching Bella and Jacob's attention.

-Yeah, him and his cult. - Jacob says, not very happy to see the group of boys.

-Oh, my God. - Bella whispers, watching how Sam throws a boy down the cliff.

She parks the truck immediately, scaring Mackenzie. The older Swan girl gets out of the truck quickly while her sister and Jacob get out calmly.

-They're not really fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving. Scary as hell, but a total rush. - He jokes.

-You serious? - Bella asks, watching how another guy that she doesn't recognize jumps off the cliff.

-Most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples. - He explains while Mackenzie gets by his side.

-You have some kind of beef with him or something? - Mack asks while Bella walks back to them.

-I don't know, they just think they run this place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids... Now look at him. - Jacob says, shaking his head lightly.

The Swan sister turn to look at the cliff, realising that Embry's the one who jumps off the cliff.

-That's Embry? - Mackenzie asks, surprised.

-What happened to him? - Bella asks.

-He missed some school. And all of a sudden, he started following Sam around like a llittle puppy. Same thing happened with Paul and Jared. - Jacob explains. - Sam keeps giving me this look. Like he's waiting for me or something. It's kind of starting to freak me out.

-Well, just avoid him. - Bella says.

-That's what I'm trying. - Jacob says firmly.

-And if he keeps doing it, I'll beat him hard. - Mackenzie says firmly, making her sister and him smile.