𝟑𝟏. 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲

Many newborns finish killing the last conscious humans left

Many newborns finish killing the last conscious humans left. Riley walks past them until realising there's a girl hidden and away from everyone else. He approaches her to crouch at her height.

-W-What did you do to me? - The girl asks with difficulty by feeling a horrible burn in her throat. - I-I'm so...

-Yeah. I know. - Riley says, knowing the sensation. - We'll find you someone to drink.

-Mine! Go away! - A newborn yells while fighting with another vampire.

They start battling until one kills the other with just a punch in the head. The little girl lets out a terrified scream by seeing such a horrifying image.

-Just try not to get killed, will you? - Riley asks before standing up.

He takes Mackenzie's black lace dress out from his jacket and approaches it to his face to smell it.  He grins before looking around.

-I'm gonna need numbers. - He says while putting away the dress back in his jacket.

Riley walks throughout the whole place, watching the disaster that the newborns cause.

In Forks, specifically in the Swan house hold, Mackenzie finds herself laying on her bed along with Edward who tenderly caresses her cheek.

-I have to figure out what to tell Dad. - Mack whispers while enjoying the Edward's delicate touch on her cheek. - Why I won't be home for Christmases, and why I won't visit, why he'll never see me again.

-After a few decades, everyone will be dead and there won't be any problem. - Edward says, still caressing his girl's cheek.

Mackenzie closes her eyes and lightly shakes her head to get closer to him. Edward caresses the girl's head, calming her down. They stay silent for several seconds before she looks up to find his golden eyes.

-Why didn't you want me to be like you since the beginning? - The brown haired girl asks curiously.

-I know the concequences of the choice you've made. I've lived through it. And to let you suffer that... - The guy stay quiet, trying to push the image of Mackenzie suffering away. - You believe I have a soul, and I don't.

Mackeznie stays silent, expecting him to keep talking.

-But to risk yours, just for never having to lose you, that's the most selfish thing I'll ever do. - Edward assures. The girl gives her partner half a smile before leaving a tender caress on his cheek.

-I thought you'd say I wouldn't be warm, that I'd be too different, that I wouldn't smell the same. - She whispers, making Edward smile who shakes his head before taking his girl's cheek.

-You'll always be my Mackenzie. My beautiful angel. - Edward whispers before getting closer to her and kiss her lips delicately.