𝟕𝟑. 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬

Benjamin looks at the little Athena adoringly after she showed him all of memories along with her gift

Benjamin looks at the little Athena adoringly after she showed him all of memories along with her gift. Mack and Edward look at their daughter with a smile. Benjamin carefully takes the child's left hand, and moves them slowly, confusing her. He lets her see the soil he placed on her hand before starting to move his hands, creating a small tornado.

-Benjamin can influence the elements. - Edward explains to his wife, who's entertained, watching the scene.

-Considering how I control myself. - Mack says sarcastically, making her husband smile.

Benjamin lets the tornado take flight while the little girl admires how it flies away. All the vampires get alert by hearing how the birds in the forest take flight. Mack looks at the woods with a frown, until two brown-skinned women appear in front of them.

-Who are they? - She asks, feeling how the temperature in her hands starts increasing.

-Senna and Zafrina. - Edward explains. - From the Amazon.

The little Athena grabs her parents' hands while approaching the women, who quickly analyse the child. Mackenzie knew in that moment that their plea was being heard in even the most remote corners of the world.

Meanwhile in Seattle, a patriot Carlisle first met on a battlefield would become the most unlikely ally.

-Shut up. - An immortal orders with disgust, grabbing the man's neck, who looks at him with fear. - I hated the first British Invasion. I hate the second one even more.

-Even The Beatles? Really, Garrett? - Emmett asks sarcastically while Rosalie takes him arm.

-Carlisle needs you. - The blonde girl explains, catching the guy's attention.

Garrett lets the man go, who starts crawling on the floor, trying to run away from the vampire.

-Sounds interesting. But first I'd better finish my meal. - Garrett smiles before approaching the man, who screams, begging for help.

The vampire starts drinking his blood while Rosalie and Emmett look away, but still hearing the poor man's screams of agony.

Each witness was won over. Each was made to see through Athena's gift, who charmed every single witness with her gifts.

Carlisle managed to convince his Irish friends to make the journey to Forks. Although Mack was grateful for their help, their thirst for human blood complicated the situation. The nomads Rosalie and Emmett sent were even more unpredictable. Especially Peter, who had fought alongside Jasper when they were both newborns.

-Lot of red eyes around here. - Embry stands beside Mack while analysing the vampires.

-They agreed not to hunt in the area. - The girl explains, crossing her arms while looking at her daughter.