𝟔𝟖. 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

-What the fuck were you thinking? - Mackenzie crosses her arms angrily, standing in front of Seth and Embry

-You were leaving. What did you expect us to do? - Seth asks, without having any other excuse.

-You don't realize the danger you've put my dad in. The Volturi will kill anyone who knows about us. - Mack says angrily, thinking about the danger she's put Seth, Embry, and Charlie in.

-We didn't tell him about you. Just us. We only said you were different. - Embry explains.

-And that we have a niece who we adopted. - Edward comments angrily.

-Seriously, guys, he won't just let it go. He's not that dumb to to believe the story of us adopting a niece. Athena looks like us... It makes no sense. - Mackenzie sneeres.

-Did you, at least, consider the physical pain he'll put Mackenzie through? It'll be like sticking a white hot brading iron down her throat. Assuming she can control her thirst. - Edward scolds, thinking about the pain his wife will feel.

-Charlie's been in hell. He hasn't been able to sleep well. Bella had to lie to him many times for him to feel better, but Charlie's restless without hearing about you. - Embry explains. Mack angrily shakes her head.

-Do not try and pretend you're doing this for Mackenzie and Charlie but yourselves. - Edward says angrily, revealing what they did for Athena to stay by their side to protect her.

-Sorry you feel that way because he'll be here in ten minutes. - Seth annouces.

-What?! - Both werewolves walk backwards by seeing Mackenzie anger, noticing how the tips of her hair take a bright red colour.

The girl curses and turns around to walk into the living room where the entire Cullen family is gathered. Alice stands up to take her hands.

-It's okay. We'll find a way to solve it. - Mack grimaces, but nods, not being so sure.

The pixie-haired exits the living room to make her way to her bedroom, searching for something for the newborn. Esme extends her hand towards Mack, who takes it and lets her sit in front of her.

-These will irritate your eyes at first. - Alice shows a pair of pupil lenses.

Mackenzie nods slowly, letting her place the pupil lenses on her eyes. The last time she did so was for a Halloween costume. Bella smiles in Jacob's arms by seeing that her twin sister's eyes look like when she was human. Mack blinks a few times, making everyone smile.

-The main thing is not to move too fast. - Carlisle half-smiles at her.

-Try taking a seat. Crossing your legs. - Esme encourages. Mack nods slowly and stands up to look at an individual couch that on the other side of the room. She tries taking a step, but she's already sat on the couch, and it hits the wall, startling everyone. - Maybe a tad slower. - Esme smiles while Carlisle gestures with his fingers.