𝟓𝟖. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

Mackenzie stays sat while Rosalie warms the water up

Mackenzie stays sat while Rosalie warms the water up. The brown-haired stands up with difficullty from the chair where she was sitting. She unties her bathrobe and carefully pulls it down to see her body. Mack contains a sob by seeing how her bones are noticable, her ribs are marked, and has several bruises on her belly.

The girl looks through the mirror, realising her husband stares at her outside the bathroom. He has a black eyes given that he hasn't been hunting. Mack puts her bathrobe back on, still looking at her husband, who has a regretful and devastated expression. Rosalie approaches the door to close it, leaving Edward outisde.

-Come on, Mack. The water's ready. - Rosalie half-smiles at the human, who slowly nods.

Mackenzie takes the bathrobe off completely, and, with the blonde girl's help, gets in the bathtub. Rose leaves her alone for a few minutes to grab some clothes. Mack keeps rubbing her belly until deciding to touch it with her index finger. The girl smiles by seeing how her baby shows his tiny hand once again.

-Everything will be okay, my darling. - She closes her eyes to try calming herself down.

After the relaxing bath, Rosalie helps Mack, taking her to the living room. The brown-haired lays down on the couch, trying to increase her body temperature.

-Are you cold? - Mack looks at Edward, who half-smiles at her.

-I got it. - Embry says, who was almost asleep, sitting by the girl's side.

The werewolf gets closer to Mackenzie so the she can receive warmth. She grabs his hand for a moment while trying to conceal her sleep, but keeps watching the football match that Emmett and Jasper watch on the TV. Although they keep paying attention to her.

Mack starts breathing heavily, and sits up, alarming everyone. Edward immediately grabs the trashcan, and approaches it to his wife. She faces it for a few seconds until lightly shaking her head, getting back on her place.

-We need to find a way to get some food into her system. - Esme announces, who is sitting beside Edward, with Rosalie holding her shoulders.

-If I could only see the fetus... - Alice lightly shakes her head, feeling frustrated by not being able to help her sister-in-law.

-The baby. - Rosalie corrects immediately.

-Maybe I could figure out what it wants. - Alice tells edward, who half-smiles at her to calm her down.

Everyone stays silent except for the TV, which keeps showing the football match. Edward looks at Embry after hearing his thoughts.

-I think you might be right. Embry just had an idea. - Edward catches his family's attention.

-It wasn't an idea. It was a slight comment. - Embry grins.

-What were you thinking? - Carlisle asks, who pays attention to Mack's vital signs.

-That it's probably looking for someone to sink its teeth into. - Embry looks at the man, who thinks about the said option.

-He's thirsty. - Mack whispers to her husband, who, immediately, places a hand over her belly.

-I know the feeling. - Emmett agrees after turning the TV off.

-If it's craving, it's not going to want animal blood. - Edward glances at his brother.

-I have some blood laid aside for Mack. - Carlisle announces before walking into the kitchen.

Emmett and Jasper get alert. Alice looks at her partner, and half-smiles at him.

-Walk with me. - Jasper looks at his partner before taking her hand, and exiting the living room together.

Rosalie looks at Emmett and slightly nods at him. The guy stands up, and approaches Mackenzie to kiss her head, making her smile.

-I'll be back in awhile, girlie. - The strong boy says before getting out of the room.

Carlisle appears, holding a glass in which he serves the human blood.

-Wait, wait, wait. Hold on a second... You're gonna make her drink that? - Embry asks.

-It's the fastest way to test the theory. - The man explains.

-Only if you're comfortable with it. - Edward tells his wife, who slowly nods.

-I'll try anything. - Mack assures.

-Hold on. - Edward grabs a disposable cup, and approaches his father.

-This is making me sick. - Embry grimaces.

Jacob gets away a little from the situation, still holding Bella's waist, who pays attention to her sister.

Edward takes the disposable cup with blood, and approaches his wife, who sits up with difficulty. The guy crouches infront of her while extending the cup towards her.

-This might make it a little easier to take. - Mack glances at her husband before carefully grabbing the cup.

Edward retakes his places while Mackenzie approaches the straw to her lips. After a few seconds, she starts drinking the blood, feeling how she regains strength bit by bit.

-Tastes... good. - She admits, making the vampires smile along with Bella, who feels calmer.

Mackenzie glances at her husband one last time before drinking the human blood again. Carllisle sits by her side, grabbing her left wrist to check her pulse.

-Your pulse is already getting stronger. - He smiles after a few seconds.

Mack smiles, and keeps drinking. Edward smiles with relief along with Esme and Rosalie. Bella smiles at Jacob, feeling calm, watching how her twin sister recovers.

-It's working. - Esme smiles, making Mack glance at her with a smile.

Edward smiles at his wife, noticing how she starts recovering. He grabs her hand, demonstrating he's supporting her.

I just remembered a movie that makes me cackle so much that takes my breath away

I just remembered a movie that makes me cackle so much that takes my breath away. It's called "Police Academy". It's one of my favourite movies from the 80's. You may find it in HBO Max.

If you don't have HBO Max, here's the link for you to watch it in a website I use when I can't find a movie:

https://soap2day.ac/MczozMjoiNzIwN3x8MTkwLjIzOC4yOS4xODh8fDE2NjMwNzQ4MzIiOw.html

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment. LOVE YOU ALL.

miche_diggory