𝟔𝟏. 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚

Mack regains conciousness bit by bit, but realises she's on a hospital bed in the library where she was constantly checked

Mack regains conciousness bit by bit, but realises she's on a hospital bed in the library where she was constantly checked. Everyone around her looks at her, but her vision is blurry.

-Rosalie, pass the morphine. - Edward orders while noticing how his wife regains conciousness.

-Bella, you have to get out of here. - Jacob takes his partner out of the room, but Mackenzie manages to see how her twin sister wants to stay and is crying.

-B-Bella. - Mack sobs, letting many tears out by the baby's abrupt movements.

Rosallie grabs the morphine and passes it to Edward, who, immediately, injects it in Mack's right leg.

-Carlisle says the placenta must have detached. He's coming as fast as he can. - Alice announces, who talks over the phone with her foster father.

-We will have to do it. - Rosalie says firmly.

The blonde girl grabs the scalpel and approaches it to Mackenzie's bare belly. Edward quickly takes her hand after reading his sister's thoughts.

-Rose, let the morphine spread. - Mackenzie starts crying in pain by feeling how her baby mmoves abruptly inside her belly.

-There's no time. He's dying. - Rosalie reminds Edward.

Edward looks worriedly at his wife, but Mack keeps crying in desperation and pain.

-Get him out now! - She orders.

Rosalie lets go of her brother's grip and sighs before making a decision.

-Look at me, Mack. - Embry asks. Before she could look at him, she closes her eyes and starts screaming in pain by feeling how the scalpel edge trespasses her skin.

Everyone looks away at the same time, not being able to bare with the image. Rosalie pulls the scalpel away from Mack'e belly, and stares at the blood on her hand.

-Rosalie, don't! - Jacob quickly jumps at her by seeing her intention of attacking Mack. - Alice, get her out of here!

-Rosalie! - Mackenzie watches how the mentioned one is dragged out of the library by Alice, who takes her strongly by the neck.

Mack screams in pain once again, alarming the two men in the library.

-Save her! You've gotta change her! - Embry orders Edward.

-I can't, not whist he's still in there. I got to to get him out first. - Edward tells him, who looks worriedly at the girl, who keeps screaming and crying in pain.

-Edward, please! - Mack pleads, still crying.

Both men feel a pressure on their chests by hearing her plead.

-Mack, you have to be strong. Keep your heart beating. - Mack tries obeying Embry, but keeps screaming in pain.

-He's suffocating! Get him out, please! - The girl begs, crying of desperation.