𝟑𝟖. 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

Mackenzie winces in pain after cutting her index finger, making it bleed, passing it over a tree bark, leaving a trace of blood

Mackenzie winces in pain after cutting her index finger, making it bleed, passing it over a tree bark, leaving a trace of blood. She walks through the forest, marking certain points with her blood until arriving where Edward is. Before approaching him, she takes some tree leafs and leaves a trace of her blood.

Mack approaches her fiancé, blowing on the tiny wound but it doesn't prevent it from bleeding.

-Don't you think you're going overboard? - The girl smirks at him while lightly shaking her head.

-If this is all I can contribute, I wanna be thorough. - The brown-haired girl assures, making her partner shake his head with a smile.

-Newborns'll be frantic. - Edward assures with half a smile while taking his fiancé's hand to see the small wound on her finger which starts beeding even more.

-It's okay. Don't make yourself uncomfortable. - Mackenzie says, taking out a small band-aid from her pocket and places it over her finger.

-It doesn't bother me anymore. - The guy affirms with half a smile.

-Since when? - She asks confusedly, finishing to place the band-aid over her wound.

-Since I spent twenty-four hours thinking you were dead. - Mack grimaces by rememebering such moment. - You're wearing your ring.

He takes his fiancé's left hand, and smiles by seeing his mother's engagement ring on the ring finger.

-You don't want me to? - Mackenzie asks.

-It's not that. It's just that I thought you didn't want to risk Embry seeing it. - The vampire admits, making the human smile.

-It doesn't need to bother you, Love. It's my decision. - The girl affirms, getting closer to Edward to kiss his lips.

-Haven't you reconsidered...? - The girl interrupts her fiancé with a kiss.

-Do not even think about it, Baby. I just want Embry to have a clear mind so he won't take it the wrong way. - She affirms, kissing Edward's lips once again.

-Whose mind is unclear? - Embry asks, arriving to where they are, making the couple separate a little.

-Nobody's, I hope. - The human says, being taken by the waist by Edward.

-Alice says there's a storm coming. - The vampire says, leaving several kisses on Mackenzie's cheek that make her laugh.

-Yeah, I can feel it. We should get going. - Embry tells the girl who finds herself really busy receiving her fiancé's kisses.

Mack gets in front of Edward while taking him by the neck.

-I'll see you in a couple of hours, Sweetheart. - Edward whispers, leaving a small peck on her lips.