Part 41

"Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Everyone turned to the god. In their monthly meet-ups, Y/n quickly noticed his declining, well, everything. Mood, living conditions, personal hygiene, and the list went on. At first, she tried to help, but as it got worse, he refused her help. He was still refusing. Natasha raised an eyebrow. 

"Is he asleep?" Rhodey shook his head. 

"No,  no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Thor slowly stood up with a multitude of groans and moans before reaching the front of the conference room. 

"Uuuh, where to start? Um. The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before." He took a pause from his slow, mindless rambling to point at Steve. He then continued, what a shame. 

"It's more of an angry sludge sort of thing, so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that." He tilted his head back and removed his sunglasses to rub his eyes. 

"Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago had to hide the stone from the dark elves. Scary beings. So Jane, actually," As he spoke, a photo of Jane Foster replaced the photo of the Aether. Thor looked at her and pointed. 

"Oh, there she is. Yeah, os Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand," Y/n cut him off by standing up. She dashed over and guided Thor back to his chair. 

"Okay, maybe that's enough of that for today. Who's next?" 

~~~

Y/n watched as the raccoon paced in front of everyone. He was going up and down the conference table, which was laden with Chinese takeout boxes. 

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Hulk looked at Rocket. 

"Is that a person?" Rocket almost looked insulted by Banner's idiocy. 

"No! Morag's a planet! Quill was a person." Scott's eyes widened. 

"Like a planet? Like outer space?" Rocket leaned closer to Scott. 

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space puppy? I'll take you to space." Y/n sighed as she leaned back in her chair. 

"I wish he was a puppy." Y/n sat up and widened her eyes. 

"Not that I don't like you, Scott! I would just love a puppy. Not to replace you, just, in addition." Scott nodded. 

"Damn, now I want a puppy." 

~~~

Nebula looked at everyone with a blank stare as she spoke. Y/n felt a little bad that she hadn't taken the time to bond with or get to know Nebula. They had both been on the ship back to earth together, but Y/n barely spoke on that trip full stop, let alone to bond with Nebula. 

"Thanos found the soul stone on Vormir." Natasha didn't look up from her notes as she asked a question. 

"What is Vormir?" Nebula tilted her head slightly. 

"A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence. It's where Thanos murdered my sister." Everyone was looking at each other silently. Scott looked up. 

"Not it." Y/n slapped his side. 

~~~

Y/n smiled at her phone screen. 

"Don't worry! I'll be home in no time. And until then, Lucy can read your bedtime stories just as well as I can." Steve watched silently as Y/n giggled and grinned, making kissy faces at the phone. A smirk lifted his lips up as Y/n hung up and put the phone down. He stepped into the room and Y/n jumped backward. 

"God dammit Steve, you scared me." Steve chuckled as he walked toward her. 

"Sorry! Hey Y/n?" She already had her head hung, flipping her phone in her hands. 

"What Patriot?" Steve looked at her with a frown. 

"How did you do it? How did you raise him without Pietro, without his father?" Y/n chuckled as she swung her head back and shook it slowly. 

"It, it, it's not like you think it is. I don't think you realize that." Steve took a deep breath and clapped his hands together. 

"Well, Natasha figured out that in a year there were three stones in New York, so we should probably go." Y/n curled her lips inwards and nodded slowly. 

"Let's rock and roll ice cube!" 

~~~

Word Count: 782

Sorry that I posted this so late! I got a holiday job, and I've just been crazy busy. Getting yelled at by middle aged white people for the true minimum wage is.... greeeeaaattt. Sure. That's also why this chapter is so short. Sorry! 

Also, heartbreak high is soooo good. Everyone should watch it right now.

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!