Part 29

WARNING!!!

This story is now getting into Infinity War, so there will very obviously be spoilers. If you haven't seen Infinity War, then you have some issues you need to address and you will need to go watch it before you start.

Also, I actually have no idea how much time the break between Civil War and Infinity War is, and I don't really care. I making it a nice even 4 years. So now, Y/n is 24 years old I think. Started at 18, turned 19 in AoU, spent about a year between AoU and CW, four years later, and boom, 24. So all of the stuff I wrote for the in-between bit with Pietro and stuff happens through (but mainly towards the end) of those 4 years.

That's probably really wrong timeline-wise, but I'm the author. I've got the power.

Ready?

Let's go.

~~~

Y/n jogged along with Pepper and Tony. She quickened her pace to be in front of them.

"Come on! How slow are you guys?" She chuckled as Pepper let out a small giggle and Tony frowned.

"Nice Squeak. Very nice." Y/n went ahead, still laughing, to the bubbler, letting Tony and Pepper talk. Tony had been getting Y/n to join the on their walks and jobs at least every week, and it was always something for her to look forward to.

She watched as they stopped walking to her, so she slowly made her way over to them. Before she could even speak, there was a hissing from beside them. She looked over and saw a portal growing as a man stepped out.

"Tony Stark. I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me."Everyone was silent as they looked at him. He had a cape over blue robes. "Oh, uh, congratulations on the wedding, by the way." Tony looked towards him angrily.

"I'm sorry, you giving out tickets to something?" Stephen just looked at him with a tilted head.

"We need your help. Oh, you too L/n. Look, we're not overselling it to say that the fate of the universe is at stake." Tony took a step towards him.

"And who's we?" Out from behind Strange walked out Banner.

"Hey, Tony." Y/n crossed her arms and spoke under her breath.

"Hi, Bruce, nice to see you too. Me? Oh, I'm doing well." Tony just looked shocked.

"Bruce." Banner looked over at Pepper.

"Pepper." Wow, what a way with words. Pepper looked over at him.

"Hi." Bruce just slowly walked forward into Tony's arms, almost collapsing into the hug, Tony looked worried.

"You okay?"

Everyone, barring Pepper, walked through the portal and into the Wizard Hut TM. Everyone stood except Tony, who sat on a floral couch, while Wong and Strange explained the situation. The words were going in one of Y/n's ears and out the other. Loki, death, stones, some guy named Thanos, it was all happening so quickly. She decided to tune back in, and sadly, Bruce was speaking.

"Okay, guys. Could we table this discussion right now? The fact is we have this stone. We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone, and we have to find him now." Y/n and Tony both looked down. Hehehehe, they were not gonna like this. Tony cleared his throat.

"Yeah, that's the thing." Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Tony looked away, so Y/n spoke up.

"Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder." Tony nodded.

"He's offline." Bruce looked shocked.

"What? Tony, you lost another super-bot?" Stark started to walk around and between the group.

"I didn't lose him. He's more than that. He's evolving." Strange started to follow him.

"Who could find Vision then?" Tony sighed.

"Shit. Probably Steve Rogers." Stephan walked off to the side and sighed.

"Oh great." Tony cocked his head to the side.

"Maybe, but..." Tony only sighed, stopping his train of thought. Bruce walked closer to him.

"Call him." Y/n looked at Bruce.

"How long have you been off-world? Mister Ally and Mister Alloy over here split up the super-secret boy band." Bruce looked over at her.

"Broke up? Like... Like the Beatles?" Tony looked at him.

"Cap and I fell out. Hard. We're not on speaking terms." Bruce walked closer to him.

"Tony, listen to me. Thor's gone. Thanos is coming. It doesn't matter who you're talking to or not." Tony was silent, only making noise when letting a rush of air out through his nose. He took a few steps away from the small group before pulling something out of his pocket.

"Flip phone." He started making the call when he paused. He started looking around, spinning slowly. He looked dazed, confused like something was wrong. Y/n felt it too. She looked over at Strange.

"Hey wizard man, are you the one moving your hair?" The front tuft of his hair was waving back and forth, but there wasn't any noticeable breeze from within the building. Strange lifted his eyes to watch it move.

"Not at the moment, no." The wind started picking up, Hulk's hole in the roof letting it flow towards them. They all looked around, and Y/n watched through the hole as some type of debris flew past the gap.

They all turned to the front door as a noise started picking up. Screams could hardly be heard as silhouettes of people running flashed across the frosted glass door. Tony walked forward and pulled it open before walking out into the chaotic scene. They all followed, walking against the crowd, trying to see the source of the danger. Y/n could barely hear Tony and Strange barking at each other through the yelling and honking of cars desperate to leave.

They walked into the center of the road as the wind blasted them, the dust flying higher than the buildings. A ship was lowering onto the street.

God damn it.

~~~

Word Count: 1070

Finally started Infinity War! I think everyone here can do maths, so you guys know either Y/n or Pietro has to get dusted.

I used the word bubblers in the chapter this week. I don't know if that's what they're called everywhere, but they're just drink taps.

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!