Part 35

Tony got the whole group huddled together. 

"We gotta coalesce, 'cause if we all come at him with this plucky attitude," Star Lord interrupted him. 

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. All right, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except, it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way, it might be really good." Y/n rolled her eyes at him. Drax leaned forward towards Peter Quill. 

"Tell him about the dance off to save the universe." Stark looked between them. 

"What dance off?" Peter Quill shrugged. 

"It's nothing." Peter and Y/n both looked at him. 

"Like in Footloose?" Star Lord's eyes lit up. 

"Exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?" Peter Parker smirked. 

"It never was." Y/n nodded. 

"Legally Blonde is waaaaaay better." Tony shook his head. 

"Don't encourage this. We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here." Peter Quill took a step forward. 

"Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human. So that 50% of me that's stupid, that's 100% you." Y/n looked at him with a blank face. 

"Your maths is blowing my mind right now." Mantis walked slightly away from the group before turning back to them. 

"Excuse me? But does your friend often do that?" Tony called out. 

"Strange? We all right?" Everyone turned to Dr. Strange. He was sitting crossed legged floating in the air. There was a green mist cuffing his wrists and arms, all stemming from the Eye of Aggamotto on his chest. His head was flickering around rapidly, he almost looked possessed. Everyone slowly walked over, and just as Tony was standing in front of him, Dr. Strange fell to the ground. He was gasping for air, and Stark grabbed his arm. 

"You're back. You're all right." Peter looked at Dr. Strange. 

"Hey what was that?" Dr. Strange looked around. 

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." Quill looked at him nervously. 

"How many did you see?" Dr. Strange looked up at him. 

"14000605." Tony tilted his head to Dr. Strange. 

"How many did we win?" The air felt still as they waited for Stephan to answer. 

"One."

~~~

Y/n hid behind a pile of rubble as Thanos walked out from a cloud of dust. He looked around at the decimated planet, his ship destroyed in front of him. He was glaring silently when Dr. Strange pipped in. 

"Oh yeah. You're much more of a Thanos." Thanos just looked at the man, who was sitting down. He barely gave him a thought before turning his head away. 

"I take it the Maw is dead." Y/n scrunched her face up. The Maw? What a terrible name, someone should take away his parents. Thanos just continued. 

"This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission." Thanos was slowly walking toward Dr. Strange, and Dr. Strange was staring him down. 

"You may regret that. He brought you face to face with the Master of the Mystic Arts." Y/n rolled her eyes. Yeah, read him your resume, Stephen. Watch him quiver as you tell him you were a surgeon. Thanos kept walking around. 

"And where do you think he brought you?" Dr. Strange looked Thanos in the eyes as he spoke. 

"Let me guess, your home?" Thanos lifted his leg to prop it up on some rubble. He was the evilest thing imaginable, a manspreader. 

"It was. And it was beautiful. Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution." As he spoke, Thanos raised his hand. A red line swirled around them, and once it passed, their surroundings were no longer the dead planet, but instead, its past. Dr. Strange looked around. 

"Genocide." Thanos looked at him. 

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." The red line crossed their sights once again, and the futuristic wonderland was destroyed, leaving the deserted planted in its reality. Dr. Strange looked at him. 

"Congratulations you're a prophet." Thanos looked into the distance. 

"I'm a survivor." Dr. Strange tilted forward. 

"Who wants to murder trillions." Thanos stared at him. 

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy." As he monologued, he snapped his fingers. Dr. Strange stood up. 

"And then what?" Thanos shrugged at him. 

"I'd finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills." Dr. Strange took a step toward him. He brought his hands out in front of him and rubbed them together. Orange sparks started flying, and as he split his hands apart, spirals and runes were attached to his palms. 

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours." Thanos looked up into the sky. 

"Our?" 

~~~

Word Count: 926

The guardians and avengers team are just so funny, I'm so glad I made Circut a Tony gal instead of a Rogers lady. 

Sorry for the short chapter, I want the fight scene to be all in one place, so you'll have to wait a week for that one. 

I've never noticed before how the red line in the Titan scene is the same as the stuff in Wanda Vision. Crazy. Also obvious when you think about it, but also crazy. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!