Part 24

Natasha pulled Y/n off the ground with a smile.

"Wow, I leave you alone for one second and you pass out." Y/n stood slowly, holding her chest as she took deep breaths.

"Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you are so very funny." Natasha winked and nudged her side. The pair walked with each other up to the meeting room from before. They settled down just as Secretary Ross walked in.

Y/n didn't want to listen, not to anyone but especially not him. He was talking about shooting Steve and keeping Tony from doing anything. It was unfair, all of it. They had just wanted to protect people, they thought they were protecting people. Y/n decided to tune in as Tony spoke.

"72 hours, guaranteed." Ross frowned.

"36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson." He walked out, not even looking back. Tony looked at him as he left.

"Thank you, sir." He brought his hand to his chest and rubbed his pec while squinting.

"My left arm is numb, is that normal?" Natasha walked over and patted him on the back.

"You alright?"

"Always." Y/n laughed but quickly brought her hand to her mouth and stopped. She frowned as they started talking, whispering. She fiddled with her dress. Stark had given it to her so she could wear it to the Accords signing, and it was the nicest thing she had ever owned, let alone worn. It was orange fabric with a white belt that sat at her waist. The skirt portion of the dress flowed loosely to her knees, whereas the top half was quite restricted. She was now down to one shoe, having through the other one at Barnes, and while theoretically she could go down and get it, they had been killing her feet, and she hated the idea of running in them again.

"Y/n!" The girl looked up quickly as Stark called her name.

"We're going on a trip to Queens!" Y/n jumped up and pumped her fists.

"Yeah!" Tony looked at her feet.

"I'm giving you new heels."

"Shit."

~~~

She turned her head to the door as she saw a boy walk into the small apartment. He was holding some computer thing and had his earbuds blasting so loud that she could hear the music softly. He didn't even notice the strangers in the room and just started talking.

"Hey May!" The women smiled.

"Hey! How was school today?" He dropped his backpack at a table and walked around into the kitchen area.

"It was okay. This crazy car parked outside." He finally looked over and stopped speaking. Y/n stifled a laugh as he gawked at Tony.

"Oh, Mr. Parker." The boy looked confused and vaguely terrified, which made it even harder for Y/n to stop herself from laughing.

"Um, what are you doing? Hey, I'm Peter." Tony smiled as he held up a cookie.

"Tony." May turned to Stark before looking back at Peter, who spoke again.

"What, what, what are you doing here?" Tony smiled.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my email, right? Or more accurately, my assistant Miss L/n's emails?" Y/n waved lightly. Peter looked over to her and smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. Regarding the.." May interrupted him, which was lucky since Peter had zero clue what was happening.

"You didn't even tell me about the grant." Peter nodded slowly.

"The grant!" Y/n gestured towards Tony and Peter.

"The September Foundation. Remember when you applied?" Peter looked between Stark and Y/n, completely lost.