Part 49

Anges sat between Wanda and Y/n on the couch. Anges leaned towards Wanda, tilting her magazine towards her. 

"And you don't have a song? Something you played at your wedding?" Wanda shook her head while pouting. 

"Nothing special." Anges smiled sweetly. 

"I'll just loan you some records then." She paused for a second before looking up. 

"Oh! Idea, what if you had Y/n sing? Or at least play! What a jazz that would be!" Y/n widened her eyes. 

"Oh, I would, but I don't think I want to watch their romantic night," Y/n shivered as Wanda scrunched her nose up at her. Anges frowned. 

"You'll have to play for me sometime. I bet you have some songs memorised, songs that you play for your man." Agnes was grinning mischievously as Y/n shook her head and giggled. 

"Oh, I don't have any men. I..." Y/n looked lost in thought like her mind had a wall up. Anges tapped her knee and brought her back. 

"Well, I'm sure a gorgeous young gal like you could get any man you like. So, we've got music, decor, wardrobe, oh! What about seduction techniques?" Wanda looked up slowly. 

"Oh, I have those." Anges smiled. 

"Of course you do." Wanda shifted towards Agnes. 

"Just out of curiosity, what does it say?" Y/n turned her body as well. 

"Yeah, for curiosity's sake." Anges looked down to read. 

"That you should stumble when you walk into a room so he can catch you. It's romantic." Wanda leaned in closer. 

"Any other tricks?" Agnes tilted her head. 

"You could point out that the death rate of single men is twice that of married men," Y/n smirked. 

"Now that's romantic." They laughed as the phone rang. Wanda scurried over and picked it up. 

"Vision residence." Y/n and Agnes watched as she spoke, twiddling with the phone cord. 

"Vision sweetheart. Don't worry dear, I have everything under control." She smiled over to the two women who gave her a thumbs up. 

"Nervous, whatever for?" She rested her hands on her apron, the flor print was fabulous, especially next to the slick plain colour of the rest of her dress. 

"Vis, after all this time. Well, it's just one night, there's no need to get dramatic." Y/n frowned, Wanda sounded worried, and a little confused. 

"And I think the best course of action is to impress the husband." Wanda looked over and gave them a thumbs up, which made Y/n giggle. 

"Until tonight" Wanda put the phone down with a grin. Y/n rested her head on her palm. 

"Oh Anges, don't they have just the cutest love story?" Anges copied her pose. 

"They do. The only way Ralph would be sweet would be if I turned him into honey. Speaking of my honey, I should be getting back to him." The two women waved Agnes off and sat down on the couch. Y/n grinned. 

"Well ain't she fun!" Wanda matched her grin. 

"She sure is. And don't worry Y/n, I'll bet you find a love story too." Y/n chuckled. 

"Yeah, and let's hope it's not Romeo and Juliet."

~~~

Y/n felt tired like she couldn't move even if she wanted to. It was as if there were a million ropes tying her down. She was lying on her bed, staring at her ceiling. She could hear Wanda getting ready for Vis to come home. They were so happy. They were... perfect. Everything was. The whole town was amazing. Time seemed to float by when she heard the door open, but there was more than one voice. In what seemed like a few seconds, Wanda came to Y/n's door. 

"Y/N! The heart wasn't a heart, well it was, but it was for Vis and me, it's his boss Mr Hart! He's here!" Y/n sat up. 

"Oh no." Wanda ran over and sat on the bed next to her. 

"And he's here."  

"Oh no." 

"With his wife." 

"Oh no." 

"Expecting a home cooked meal." 

"Oh no." 

Wanda nodded and pulled Y/n down into the kitchen. It was a good thing Y/n was wearing a simple and neat dress. But she had been in bed, why was she wearing that dress? Wanda pulled her close. 

"I need you to go in and entertain them, sing a song, pretend to be a maid, something!" Wanda pushed Y/n through the doors into the living room. Y/n stood staring at the couple, who looked very  uncomfortable. She took a second, a breath, and walked towards the piano. Had there been a piano there before? She bowed and addressed the couple. 

"I am Y/n, I'm a singer and their maid." Mrs Hart clapped her hands excitedly, but Mr Hart just growled. Y/n swallowed with a smile as she toddled over to the piano and sat down. She played slowly, singly even slower. She just needed to buy some time. She sang two songs before getting up, bowing and leaving the Harts. She burst into the kitchen and shoved Vision out. 

"Your turn bud." 

Y/n turned to Wanda. 

"What is happening!" Wanda had what seemed to be a full meal all laid out, only it wasn't cooked. Wanda smiled. 

"Time to get cooking." Y/n smiled. 

"I love a challenge." 

Y/n and Wanda tried to cook, but everything was going wrong. Wanda looked like she was going to fall to the floor. Y/n looked up brightly. Wanda stared at her. 

"What's that face?" Y/n grinned. 

"That's an idea face." Wanda nodded stoutly. 

"I like that face." Y/n pushed Wanda out of the kitchen. 

"You entertain, I'll have a meal ready in five minutes." Wanda let out a yelp as Y/n swung the door open and pushed her out of the kitchen. Y/n turned and gave a particularly mischievous grin to no one in particular. 

~~~ enough time to walk 0.44 miles later~~~

Y/n swung the door to the living room open with her hips as she carried out a tray full of creams puddings and jellies. She laid them on the table and put a finger up. She scurried back to the kitchen, returning with a massive cake. Mrs Hart widen her eyes excitedly, clapping spritely as Y/n laid it in the centre of the table. Mr Hart frowned. 

"It's taken long enough. And what's with the dessert first?" Vision and Wanda smiled. 

"A sokovian tradition." Y/n nodded. 

"But only for very important guests." Mr Hart nodded proudly. 

"Well, I am very important." Wanda smiled and Y/n and nodded thank you. For some reason, deep in her mind, there were words. They were blurry, but they were there. Y/n just nodded back and retired to the kitchen. 

"What a day."

~~~ 

Word Count: 1140

So it's been a hot minute. I've been busy, but I'm planning to get back on track. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!