Part 9

Y/n sat silently in the corner of the quinjet, watching as Steve and Nat tended over Clint. It was all her fault. If she hadn't gone with the boy, she could have gotten him out of the way.

Nat didn't know who looked more terrible, Y/n or Bruce. She decided to leave Y/n for the compound and walked over to Banner. Y/n watched as they talked and played with her bootstraps. She was sitting on top of some random cases cross-legged. Bruce and Nat, they were friends, she could tell. But her and Nat? Her and Steve? Her and Tony? They were just people babysitting her, people being burdened by her.

She looked up as Natasha spoke louder.

"Thor, report on the Hulk?" Thor walked forward with a wide grin.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." He gave a large clap as everyone looked at him with wide eyes. Y/n shook her head at him and quickly nodded.

"Oh right. But not the screams of the dead of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining, and tales of sprained deltoids and gout." Y/n sunk her head into the wall behind her as Thor spoke. Tony turned his head from the pilot's seat.

"Hey Banner, Dr. Cho is on her way in from Seoul. IIs it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Bruce turned to face him as well.

"Um, yeah, she knows her way around." Tony got out of his seat and walked over to the scepter. Steve, Thor, and Nat joined him, but Y/n walked over to Bruce.

"Hey, don't worry about Hulk. He's more useful than me anyway." Bruce frowned.

"I'm not too sure." Y/n chuckled.

"Bartons about to go into surgery cause of me. I ran off to deal with this guy, left Clint alone, didn't even get the guy, and when I came back, I didn't have time to teleport him away from the shot. I think Hulk did some real good." Bruce smiled lightly at her last sentence. Y/n walked back to her spot and sat down. At least the guy she went after was pretty good-looking and matched her flirtiness. Maybe if he wasn't working for HYDRA to help kill her, they would have gotten along.

Y/n walked off the quinjet quietly and went to her room in the compound. She didn't want to look at Clint, or anyone really, so she opted for lying face down into her pillow. She faintly heard a knock at her door but chose to ignore it. Steve chose to ignore her ignoring it. She chose to groan loudly as he walked in.

"Hello to you too." He stood by her bed, but she refused to turn over.

"I just thought you'd want to know that Barton's fine. Still irritating as ever." Y/n lifted her head slightly off the pillow.

"Wow, I really need to get better at killing him, I was so close." Steve laughed as she aggressively flopped her head back down.

"You did not come close. You didn't even do anything." She lifted her arm up and pointed upwards before flicking her wrist to point to him. He once again chuckled.

"Let me guess, exactly? Exactly? Bingo? Jackpot? Right on the money?" Y/n finally rolled over.

"I would have gone with Yathzee, but those are good too." He shook his head.

"You don't make any sense. Look, we found out who the enhanced are. They're twins. Pietro and Wanda. Superspeed and, well I don't know what she does." Y/n stared at her roof.

"Torture. She puts people through torture." Steve frowned slightly.

"Maybe seeing Clint would cheer you up. I'm sure he doesn't blame you." Y/n turned her head.