Part 53

Y/n walked into the house, dazed by her conversation with Agnes. She ran over to Wanda and was about to speak when they heard a rustling and a squawk coming from within the nursery. Wanda blinked. 

"Did that sound like a bird to you?" Y/n nodded, mimicking her gaze at the open door. 

"Yes, yes it did." They stepped forward to investigate, but before they could take more than a few steps, they both jumped at the doorbell. Wanda looked down at her belly. 

"Oh shoot." She flicked her wrist, opening the wardrobe door and making a coat fly out, as Y/n ran to open the door. She slid it open to see Geraldine standing before her. 

"Hey Y/n, Wanda." She peer around Y/n and paused, staring blankly at Wanda's large blue coat. 

"You good there Wanda? It's 75 degrees out. Are you making a fashion statement?" Y/n leant against the wall with a smirk. 

"The statement is that she doesn't know anything about fashion." Geraldine high-fived Y/n before slinking past her into the house. Wanda rushed after her. 

"Oh, no, now's not really a good time." Geraldine turned to face Wanda. 

"No no no, it's foxy. You'll have to let me borrow it sometime. But first, I gotta borrow a bucket. Not to wear, to use. Somehow, all the pipes in my ceiling burst at once, and I gotta bail myself out." Wanda smiled, speaking in a high-pitched whine. 

"All right, sure. Just stay right there. I think I might have a bucket in the kitchen. Y/n?" Y/n nodded and rushed over to the kitchen. Geraldine smiled. 

"Well okay then." Y/n swung the door to the kitchen open and yelled out. 

"I think it's just here under the sink!" Y/n pulled the bucket out and ran back into the living room. She flung the door open, and Geraldine swung around at the noise. Wanda squeezed her face as another contraction magic occurred, and her jacket changed into a yellow raincoat. Her stomach was even bigger, and Y/n could tell she was about to burst. Y/n smiled at Geraldine. 

"Will this be good?" Geraldine walked over to grab it as Wanda squeezed up again, her new yellow raincoat now a massive brown fur. She rushed to fling it out the window, but Geraldine was moving again, and now her belly was in plain view. Wanda reached onto the table and clutched the bowl. Geraldine stopped. 

"Would you look at that?" Y/n and Wanda spoke in unison. 

"What?!" Geraldine smiled. 

"Fruit! Wanda, thank you. Yummy!" The three girls started to walk back over to the door. Wanda smiled, still clutching the bowl.

"Well, good luck with the leak." Geraldine nodded before stopping. 

"Ohh thanks, oh! Say, Y/n, Wanda, I've got a question for you two. You know how I've been working that temp job, right?" Geraldine made her way to sit down on the couch. 

"Well my boss, Mr Hadoox, he was going crazy yesterday." Y/n and Wanda looked over the couch, just behind Geraldine, at a stork, flapping its wings about. Geraldine stood up. 

"Oh, look at me going on and on like you've got all the time in the world. Let me go on and get out..." Geraldine started to turn around, making Wanda and Y/n both lean forward and call out. 

"NO! Wait!" Y/n smiled. 

"Tell me about the temp job." Geraldine smiled as she sat down. 

"Oooh, that's my girl. So, yesterday my boss, Mr Haddox, was going crazy working on the slogan for a new brand of cereal. You know, the one with the little marshmallow Moonmen?" Y/n and Wanda struggled to stifle their clueless looks. 

"Oh, yeah, yeah, those. We know those, right Wanda?" Wanda smiled weakly. 

"Of course. Those ones." Geraldine grinned wildly. 

"Yeah yeah yeah! Those! So, it's ten minutes before the big presentation, and Mr Haddox has got nothing." Y/n nodded along, tilting her head to the side to watch the bird right as a red cloud of smoke surrounded it. It beat its wings, spreading out the smoke as Geraldine kept speaking. 

"Nothing that is, except the worst case of hiccups I ever did see. Oh girls, he couldn't get out one word, let alone a whole pitch!" Y/n's eyes widened as the bird began walking towards them. She flapped her arms upwards to shoo it away. Geraldine turned to her with a raised eyebrow. Y/n paused with her arms in the air before doing it again. 

"Well, what happened?" The bird wasn't scared off, so Wanda flicked her wrist silently, creating a second puff of smoke, but the bird would budge. Geraldine smiled obliviously. 

"So I'm trying every trick in the book to help this poor man. I'm hiding behind filing cabinets and jumping out when he least expects it, like, boom!" Geraldine flung her arms out wildly, and Wanda threw an orange at the bird. Geraldine stood up. 

"Wanda!" The bird chittered and Geraldine lowered her voice. 

"What was that? Did you hear that?" Wanda and Y/n glanced at each other quickly. Y/n shrugged.

"No not at all." Wanda rolled her lips inwards. 

"Didn't hear a thing." Geraldine stuttered. 

"It was like a chattering sound, like like like a," Wanda cut her off. 

"Oh! Like a ch ch ch ch ch ch?" Geraldine nodded slowly. 

"Yeah." Wanda blinked. 

"That's my new ice-maker." Y/n nodded and pointed at Wanda. 

"Yep, the fancy things built right into the fridge." Geraldine looked over blankly before turning her head back with a smile. 

"Oh. You're fancy. So, now, at this point, I am helping Mr Haddox do a handstand under the water cooler because, you know, why not try a little upside down, drink those hiccups away." Wanda nodded quickly, breathing in harshly. Geraldine nodded with her. 

"And wouldn't you know it, in that moment, the client walks in!" Y/n watched as the stork walked around the couch. 

"Oh no." Geraldine shook her head. 

"Oh yes, but you know me, I keeps my cool, no matter what's going down. So I look at the client, and I look at Mr Haddox's feet floating in the air next to me," Wanda and Y/n tilted their heads in synchronisation as the stork started to pull on Geraldine's fish print pants as she talked. 

"And I say, Gravity Os, launch into your day the right way." Geraldine flicked her feet, making the stork run away into the nursery. Wanda sighed in relief. 

"Thank you." Geraldine nodded. 

"Yes, and that's exactly what Mr Haddox said right before he told me to clean out my desk." Wanda and Y/n gasped. 

"Oh no Geraldine, he didn't fire you did he?" Geraldine shook her head and leant her elbows on her knees. 

"Oh sugar, he hired me! Oh, I landed a promotion! And now that I've gone all corporate, I need some office supplies. Which brings me to my question. Do y'all still keep those in your spare room? Because I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing with your good friend." Geraldine stood up and started walking over before either Y/n or Wanda could stop her. The two chased her into the new nursery and Geraldine stopped in her tracks right as the stork placed itself right in front of the painting. Geraldine gasped. 

"Is that what I think it is?" Wanda stuttered. 

"Oh, a stork, yes, I can explain." Geraldine turned and faced them. 

"No! The crib!" Wanda dropped the vase she had picked up to hide her stomach. 

"It's coming. Oh. The baby's coming." Geraldine stepped forward. 

"You're pregnant?!"

~~~ 

Word Count: 1327 

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in ages, life has been... exciting. I hope I'll actually post on time at least once in the future. Also, the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie is incredible, and I will never hear any of the songs the same way ever again. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!