Part 13

Power surged through the Cradle as the lightning strands crackled. Thor pulled away just before the glass exploded, leaving a red man to jump out. Fog rolled off his shoulders and he landed in a crouch. He had silver metallic features around him, and Wanda was staring at him intensely. Everyone was silent as they and him stood.

He looked around slowly before flying at Thor. Thor moved to the side, letting the red man crash into a glass pane. He stopped himself right before the window and just floated in the air. He looked out the window silently while Thor, Tony, and Steve got into fighting positions. Thor put his hand out, signaling them to wait. He rested his hammer down, and everyone slowly started walking towards him.

The red man made himself a grey suit out of thin air, and slowly lowered himself to the ground.

"I'm sorry, that was, odd. Thank you." He turned to Thor as he spoke. His voice was familiar, and then it hit Y/n. Jarvis. The man made himself a cape, modeled after Thor. Steve took a hesitant step forward.

"Thor. You helped create this?" Thor looked at him.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its centre, is that." He pointed at the glimmering gem in the middle of the red man's forehead. Y/n stepped forward.

"The shiny rock?" Thor looked at it intensely.

"The mind stone. It's one of the six infinity stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Steve glared at him.

"Then why would you bring it," Thor cut him off.

"Because Stark is right." Bruce looked around.

"Oh, it's definitely the end of times." Thor looked around.

"The avengers cannot defeat Ultron." The red man walked forward.

"Not alone." Y/n put her hand up.

"Question, why does the walking death bomb sound like Jarvis?" Tony walked forward.

"We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix. To create something new." Steve looked at him.

"I think I've had my fill of new." The red man walked around, now between everyone instead of far away.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron." Steve raised an eyebrow.

"You're not?" The red man walked around more before coming to a pause.

"I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis. I am, I am." Wanda took a step forward.

"I looked inside your head, and saw annihilation." As she walked forward, he turned to her.

"Look again." Clint walked forward with a laugh.

"Her seal of approve means jack to me." Thor looked at him.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the mind stone. And they are nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side," This time, Steve cut him off.

"But is it? Are you? On our side?" The red man looked to the floor.

"I don't think it's that simple." Clint glared at him and crossed his arms.

"Well it better get real simple real soon." The red man took a breath.

"I am on the side of life, Ultron isn't. He will end it all." Stark looked at him.

"What's he waiting for?" The red man turned his head.

"You." Bruce looked at him.

"Where?" Clint answered for him.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Everyone walked closer, closing him off in a circle. Banner walked forward.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be," The red man looked at him.

"What will you do?" Everyone looked around silently. He stepped forward.

"I don't want to kill Ultron, he's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth. So he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster, I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way for you to trust me. But we need to go." On his last sentence, he picked up Mjolnir. Everyone's eyes widened as they stared at him. Y/n raised her arm to point at him.

"He can pick up the sexist hammer!" He handed the hammer to Thor, who patted Tony on the back.

"Right, well done." They both walked off, leaving everyone in awe. Steve looked up.

"Three minutes. Get what you need."

Y/n walked into the spare suit room and turned around with a squeak as she saw Pietro changing his top. Pietro and Wanda both turned to her, Pietro blushing and Wanda chuckling. Y/n covered her eyes and turned back, lifting her hand a little to check that he was fully dressed. Pietro, now wearing his shirt, raised an eyebrow.

"Peaking are we?" Y/n walked forward sternly as she reached for the top shelf.

"No, I just need new gloves. I split my hand off earlier." She reached her arm upwards, on her tippy toes, trying to reach the gloves when Pietro handed them to her. She grabbed them with huff.

"Thank you." She turned and walked away. He waved to her.

"Any time princesca." She left the room and Wanda hit him in the arm.

"Aye, what was that about?!" Wanda frowned at him.

"Stop flirting and get ready."

Steve stood in front of them all on the quinjet.

"Ultron knows we're coming, odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for, but the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Pietro left to run to police stations to warn them and tell them to evacuate the city. Wanda left to mind control people into leaving. Thor and Bruce went through the tunnel that Tony and Y/n discovered. Bruce veered off to Natasha as Clint and Y/n watched the city from above before going onto the streets to try to organise traffic. Tony went to the church to talk to Ultron.

Ultron robots started sprouting from everywhere. Lakes, ditches, alleyways, buildings, any and every surface was leaking the robots. Clint started shooting them with his arrows as Y/n shot them down with her gun. She ripped one in half and threw it to the ground as Wanda walked by, yelling for the civilians to get off the bridge. She protected them with a forcefield as the robots shot at her.

Y/n looked over and watched as Pietro sped through a line of robots, sending each one flying away broken. She was drawn from the sight by the bricks of the street cracking in a long line.

"Oh no."

~~~

Word count: 1153

Thanks for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed, and remember to vote and comment!