Part 33

Tony walked to the front of the ship. Outside of the tall windows, was space. There was a mix of blues rushing by with a sprinkle of golds, pinks, and purples dashing across as well. Tony looked out the window. 

"The ship's self correcting its course. Thing's on autopilot." Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Can we control it? Can we fly home?" Tony paused for a few moments. He gave the crew a side eye as he paced around himself. Dr. Strange looked at him. 

"Stark. Can you get us home?" Tony swung his arms and held his hands in front of him. 

"Yeah, I heard you. I'm thinking I'm not so sure we should." Y/n and Peter both gave each other a shocked looked. Dr. Strange walked toward Tony. 

"Under no circumstances can we bring the Time Stone to Thanos. I don't think you quite understand what's at stake here." Tony followed suit and walked toward Dr. Strange. 

"What? No. It's you who doesn't understand that Thanos has been inside my head for six years since he sent an army to New York and NOW HE'S BACK!" Tony paused to quiet his voice. "And I don't know what to do. So I'm not so sure if it's a better plan to fight him on our turf or his, but you saw what they did. What they can do. At least on his turf, he's not expecting it. So I say we take the fight to him. Doctor." Tony and D. Strange were standing nose to nose. The tension was high, and in Y/n's opinion, sexual. Tony tilted his head. 

"Do you concur?" Dr. Strange took a deep breath before answering. 

"All right Stark, we'll bring the fight to him. But you have to understand if it comes to saving you, or the kids, or the Time Stone, I will not hesitate to let any of you die. I can't, because the universe depends on it." Tony gave Dr. Strange a pat on the shoulder. 

"Nice. Good moral compass. We're straight." Y/n was skeptical.

Tony walked over to Peter and used his hand to tap each of his shoulders and then his head. 

"Okay kid. You're an avenger now." Peter smiled widely before looking onward heroically. Y/n rolled her eyes. 

"What a poser." 

~~~ 

Wanda knocked on the door. It only took a few seconds before she heard her brother's yell. 

"Coming! Coming!" She smiled as he opened the door. He stood still, frozen at the sight of her. 

"Wanda." They wrapped their arms around each other, almost squeezing the life out of each other. They both let out a quiet sob. They pulled apart and Wanda wiped her eyes. 

"Pietro, we need your help." Pietro raised an eyebrow. 

"We?" He peered around the door to see Captain America standing in the hallway. 

"Oh, we." 

~~~ 

Everyone ran to the front of the ship as the ground seemed to be getting closer. Peter looked out the window with a frown. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Dr. Strange didn't move to look at Peter and instead kept his head straight. 

"I think we're here." Tony looked around the front of the ship.  

"I don't think this rig has a self park feature. He walked over to the side of the dashboard and stuck his hand in a large metal cylinder. He looked over at Y/n as he spoke. 

"Get your hand inside the steering gimble, and close those around it." She nodded and jogged over. She pushed her hand inside and closed the latch over the cylinder, tightening it. She looked back over to Tony. 

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time." Y/n kept nodding while looking between the windows and Tony. 

"Yep, okay, I've got it." The ship plunged downwards, and Peter pointed at the structure they were crashing towards. 

"Uh, we might want to turn!" Dr. Strange looked back at them with urgency. 

"Turn! Turn! Turn!" Tony and Y/n both steadied themselves and grunted. They missed the large, star shaped mass by an inch. But in doing so, they crashed into a second one. Dr. Strange lifted his hands, and within a second there were orange runes and shapes surrounding the room. 

They plowed into the ground, slowing to a stop. Everyone had fallen to the ground. Y/n held her hand out to Peter. 

"Wow, guess I'm not great at driving." Peter smiled as she helped him up. 

"I think you might be better at bumper cars." They both chuckled and walked over to Tony and Dr. Strange. Peter looked at the two men. 

"Look, I just wanna say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something, and I eat of you, I'm sorry." Tony didn't even blink. 

"I do not wanna another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip, you understand." He had his finger out, pointing at the boy. Peter looked at him. 

"Look, I'm just trying to say, something's coming." They all looked down as a small ball rolled over to them and into the center of their little circle. An orange blast burst out from it and they all hit the ground. 

Here we go. 

~~~

Word Count: 940

Sorry for the late update, and the short chapter. I passed out at netball yesterday so I didn't have time to write. But I posted eventually and that's what matters. (That's a joke, and I am fine now) 

I'm super excited for the next chapter! It's gonna be so good! 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!