Part 56

Sitting on Wanda's steps were two young boys, but not young as in "born a few days ago" young. They looked five. Something struck a string in Y/n's heart. There was a deep pain, but she knew that she had no clue what it was. Even so, looking at the two boys hurt her just a little. 

The two boys ran forward and hugged their parents. Y/n watched as Wanda and Vision squeezed their children, and Y/n stood frozen in a smile as a tear ran down her cheek. 

~~~ 

Y/n opened the door to the kitchen just as Agnes walked in through another door. The boys stood before her with a small dog, and Agnes was holding a large dog house. She grinned wildly. 

"Hey, kiddos! My kitchen window told me someone got a new pooch! Did you name him yet?" The boys turned and watched the dog sniff around a light socket. Billy smiled. 

"How about Sniffy?" They laughed before a zap of electricity shot out, making Y/n yelp. 

"Oh my, how about Sparky?" Wanda smiled. 

"Well, should we make it official?" She raised her hand and flicked her other wrist, making a dog collar pop up out of nowhere. Vision gasped. 

"Wanda! Agnes was right there!" Wanda just laughed. 

"h she didn't notice! She didn't even notice when the boys went from babies to five-year-olds!" Vision frowned. 

"That's not what we agreed upon. You made no effort to conceal your abilities." Wanda's face dropped into seriousness. 

"Well, I'm tired of hiding Vis. And maybe you don't have to either?" She raised her arm to caress his cheek, but Vision pulled it down. 

"Wanda, we are usually so much of the same mind, but right now. What aren't you telling me?" Before Wanda could answer, the boys spoke up. 

"So, is Sparky ur dog now Daddy?" Vision put his hands on his hips and Wanda turned to face them. 

"Boys, your father and I don't think you're ready to properly care for an animal until you're at least..." Wanda looked to Vision, who coughed into his hand. 

"*cough* ten *cough cough*" Wanda looked back. 

"Ten years old." The boys gave each other a look and started growing taller. Wanda and Vision called out, but Agnes just nudged Y/n. 

"Let's just hope this dog stays the same size." Y/n laughed. 

"Bow wow." 

~~~ 

Y/n sat on the couch next to Tommy and Wanda as Billy showed them the tricks Sparky could do. They all gave the pair a cheer as Sparky did a spin. Wanda cheered. 

"Oh! Brav Billy!" Y/n nudged Wanda.

"He's better at performing than I am, he'll take my job!" Tommy jumped up. 

"That was radical! We've gotta show Dad, come on! Where is Dad?" Wanda pursed her lips. 

"Oh, he's at work." The boys turned around. 

"It's Saturday." Y/n frowned. 

"No silly, it's Monday." Tommy stepped forward. 

"This morning it was Saturday." Wanda paused for a moment. 

"there was an emergency at the office and your father had to go in. End of story. Look, he just needed a distraction." The boys turned to each other with sad frowns. 

"From us?" Y/n stood up and herded them to the couch. 

"No, no, no, no! Of course not!" Wanda sat the two boys down. 

"Sometimes, your dad and I aren't on the same page, but that's just temporary." Y/n nodded. 

"It's like you two. You may fight over toys,  but he is always going to be your brother, and he is always going to be yours. Because family is forever."  Tommy looked up at Wanda. "Do you have a brother Mom?" Wanda stared into the distance. 

"I do. Yeah. He's far away from here and that makes me sad sometimes." Y/n looked at her, repeating. 

"It makes me sad sometimes." Billy looked up at her. 

"Did you know Mom's brother?" Y/n laughed lightly. 

"Yeah. He was very kind and funny."  Wanda turned her head towards Y/n, but just as she went to speak, Sparky lept out of Billy's arms and ran to the door. Sparky growled and scratched at the door. Billy jumped up to watch him. 

"Something's scaring him!" Wanda stood up. 

"Stay here." The three of them followed Wanda out the door to see a small plane flying above their yard. 

"Hello Wanda, can you hear me? It's Captain Monica Rambo, can you hear me, Wanda? I just want to talk." Wanda's eyes started glowing red. 

~~~ 

The next time Y/n seemed to open her eyes, she was walking around the neighbourhood, calling out Sparky's name along with Wanda and the twins. Wanda sighed. 

"I don't know where he could have gone." They kept walking until they heard a rustling in a bush. Tommy smiled and called out his name, but instead of Sparky, Agnes rose from the bush slowly, holding a blue towel. She sighed. 

"I didn't want to come until I wrapped him up." Wanda walked up to Agnes. 

"What happened to him?" Agnes pouted. 

"Found him in my azalea bushes. Don't know how many leaves he ate, I didn't find him until it was too late. Tommy, Billy, I'm so sorry." The boys looked at each other, but Wanda rushed forward. 

"Don't, don't." Billy frowned. 

"Don't what?" Wandaput her hands on their shoulders. 

"Age up. I know the urge to run from this feeling is powerful. I know." Tommy looked up at her. 

"You can fix anything, Mom. Fix dead." Wanda frowned. 

"What? No." Agnes stared at Wanda. 

"You can do that?" Wanda's voice was faltering. 

"I'm trying to tell you that there are rules in life. We can't rush aging just because it's convenient. And we can't reverse death, no matter how sad it makes us. Okay? Some things are forever." Billy frowned. 

"You said family was forever. He is family." Tommy nodded. 

"Bring him back Mom." Vision appeared beside them. 

"Bring who back?" Vision looked at Agnes holding Sparky in the towel, and hugged his boys. Y/n smiled. 

"See boys? You'll be okay. You have your Mom and your Dad to look after you. And they will always love and protect you." 

~~~ 

Y/n was sat, once again, on her bed, on top of the covers, in full clothing. She could hear the yelling coming from the lounge room. And then the doorbell rang. She teleported downstairs with an orange flash. She smiled at the two on the couch. 

"Well, it's a bit late for a guest isn't it?" She opened the door quickly. She felt her shoulders drop. She tried to open her mouth but no sound came out. Vision looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Y/n, who is it?" The man stepped forward into the house as Y/n stumbled back. With a goofy grin on his face, Pietro chuckled. 

"Long lost hero get to squeeze his fricken wife or what?!" 

~~~

Word Count: 1190 

I love the end of this episode, it's so good. And with that we are officially in the final stretch of this series and in so, this fan fic. OMG. 

 Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!