Part 22

Y/n raced out of the room. She felt like she couldn't breathe, like her air was being sucked out. A few moments later, Pietro flew out of the doors as well. He slowed as he came closer to her and saw the tears in her eyes.

"It's not, it can't be, is it?" She just nodded slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Y/n just shook her head.

"Nobody was meant to find out. Wanda read my mind and, and, and I can't be another burden on everyone. I can't be the girl who they tie the child leash and drag along because they made the mistake of talking to her once. I can't Pietro. I can't." He pulled her into a hug as she sobbed.

"I would never think of you like that. I am nothing but grateful that I met you." Y/n pulled away and shook her head.

"You have to say that, you're my boyfriend." Pietro's eyes widened.

"We.. are official?" Y/n knocked her head against his chest.

"This day really can't get worse." He laughed.

"No no no no no, I like that. I've been meaning to ask." She smiled, but still felt light on air. She took off her necklace and put it into her pocket.

"I need to go." Pietro grabbed her wrist.

"No, stay, you have to stay." She wiped some tears from her cheek.

"I can't be here. Stark will find me, he always does, so take that as you will. I just need some time." He hugged her and heard her whisper.

"I didn't want anyone to know. And now they do, they all do." She pulled back and smiled as he neatened her hair. She quickly teleported away, and it worked that time. A few moments later, Tony came through the door.

"Where is she?!" Pietro shrugged.

"You'll find her, you always do."

~~~

Y/n was sitting on the ground, staring at the gravestone in front of her. She heard the footsteps behind her and threw her necklace at him.

"Screw you."

"Thanks." She turned around and glared at him.

"A power dampener? Really? You still dont trust me." Tony looked at her as she turned back around.

"1. It was for your safety. You know what happen with the nightmare. It was awful to watch. You were hitting the ground again and again, you refused to leave the power dampening cage for hours. What if it happened again and you never left? What was I going to do?" She frowned.

"Leave me there." Tony scoffed.

"And 2. I wasn't the one being untrustworthy. You lied." Y/n shook her head.

"I never lied. I never said I could read." Stark rubbed his face.

"Well it was definitely something that should have been brought up. At some point. Would have been nice to know." Y/n smiled snarkily.

"Well, I guess now you know." He sighed and crouched down.

"Look, I know you didn't want to talk about it." Y/n looked at him.

"Great, now go suck a dick and leave me alone." Tony took a moment to readjust.

"Look, it doesn't matter if you're talking to me or not, you need to get on the jet to Vienna and sign your name on the Accords." She looked up at him with teary eyes.

"You really don't get it do you? I can't sign my name because I don't know how. I was going to get Wanda to teach me before we left, but then she told everyone. She told everyone my secret! It was meant to be mine to tell!" Tony nodded.