Ch50: World War Three (1)

I stand on my carrier at the forefront of the largest naval armada ever assembled in this Earth's many millennia lifespan. The entire Chinese Navy stands at my back as I face the approaching Allied Fleet. I don't know how they've managed to assemble this force this quickly but I suspect that SIREN our forces spotted might have something to do with it. No matter, this works well for us. If we can destroy their entire navy here, this war is as good as won.

Chinese Naval + Air Force Composition: 830 Combat Capable Ships // 2265 Combat Capable Aircraft

2 KANSEN-type Carriers
3 Aircraft Carriers
2 Landing Helicopter Docks
8 Amphibious transport docks
15 Ballistic missile submarines
10 Nuclear attack submarines
72 Attack submarines
65 Destroyers
88 Frigates
120 Corvettes
320 Missile boats
45 Submarine chasers
50 Gunboats
30 Mine countermeasures vessels
48 Replenishment oilers
480 Auxiliaries

90 Xian H-6 (Bomber)
197 Xian JH-7 (Fighter Bomber)
500 Chengdu J-7 (Fighter)
100 Shenyang J-8 (Interceptor)
500 Chengdu J-10 
259 Shenyang J-11
182 Shenyang J-16
335 Chengdu J-20
13 Sukhoi Su-27
56 Sukhoi Su-30
33 Sukhoi Su-35
20 Shaanxi Y-8 (AWACS)
16 Shaanxi Y-9 (AWACS)
35 Ilyushin Il-76 (AWACS)
55 Xian Y-20 (Tanker)
24 Chengdu Cloud Shadow (HALE UAV)
12 Guizhou Soar Dragon (HALE UAV)

All in all, it's likely to devolve into a  free-for-all contest the minute battle commences. There are simply too many assets on the battlefield for any amount of micromanagement. As such, I've elected to give everyone a simple order. With nothing but allies to our rear and sides, all we need to do is point forward and shoot. It is an enemy if you're at the front and it is before you. Shoot it down—no further orders. 

We'll maintain our positions all along the full length of our coastline to ensure that our airforce and the army can support us fully and once the enemy is broken and in full retreat, we'll charge forth and sweep them back to their coastline where the transport ships currently waiting to pick up the army will release our forces along their coast while the Russians take care of Alaska. At least, that's what I tell everyone who asks but the only plan is to turn our coast into a meat grinder. As large as our economy is, America is still a powerhouse and if push comes to shove, they could rebuild their entire fleet as is without so much as flinching. Our only hope is to destroy ships faster than they can build them while focusing our entire industry not on outpacing their own but on building munitions at a fast enough rate to keep up with how quickly we'll be expending the same. 

Attrition, a tactic that depends heavily on luck but one that can work wonders, shall be my choice against the force they have brought to bear against us. 

Allied Fleet Composition (USA+UK+France+Spain+Italy+Japan+Australia): 490 Combat Capable Ships + 2937 Combat Capable Aircraft

16 Aircraft Carriers
2 Light Aircraft Carriers
4 Battleships
22 Landing Helicopter Docks
43 Amphibious transport docks
22 Ballistic missile submarines
20 Nuclear attack submarines
93 Attack submarines
20 Cruisers
117 Destroyers
52 Frigates
26 Replenishment oilers
53 Auxiliaries

75 B-1B Lancer (Bomber)
21 B-2A Spirit (Stealth Bomber)
8 B-21 Raider (Stealth Bomber)
70 B-52H Stratofortress (Bomber)
55 E-3B/C/G Sentry (AWACS)
12 E-2 Hawkeye
8 E-4B (Command and Control)
10 E-8C Joint STARS (Command and Control)
73 F-2 
500 F-15
888 F-16
202 F-22 
480 F-35
612 KC-135R/T Stratotanker (Tanker)
68 KC-46A Pegasus (Tanker)
90 Rafale 
160 Mirage
310 Eurofighter Typhoon
60 MQ-9 Reaper (UAV)

On the waves, we outnumber them almost two to one but in the skies fortunes are all but reversed and when we take into consideration the sheer number of aircraft their many ships can carry...

Xiao: [They are in range.]

Me: [Then fire.]

The sound of this many missiles launching is deafening. The thunderous roar seemingly shakes the very sun from its place in the sky but through it all, the crew are still hard at work preparing themselves for what is to follow. On the three aircraft carriers supporting my sister and me, men scurry about to get their aircraft up in the air as quickly as possible while seemingly our entire airforce thunders overhead barely missing the countless missiles going up from the fleet. 

The scene would have been comical if we had bunched the entire force together in one place but instead I chose to focus on spreading our force over the entire length of the coastline thus giving each ship ample room to manoeuvre and each regional commander less work to focus on thus maximizing our effectiveness. This combined with the fact that they are to do pretty much nothing but defend should help ease the pressure of commanding our nation's entire defence. 

Me: Dalian!

Me: Dalian!

Dalian: Yeah?

Me: Head south and take over the campaign to seize our prior objective.

Dalian: I thought we agreed to leave it until we crushed their navy.

Me: I've got this under control. Just subdue it. We can worry about taking it later.

Dalian: I...I understand.

She climbs into one of her helicopters before taking off. Despite the need for every one of my aircraft to be here with me, I send 2 Su-57s with her to protect her from enemy attacks. I'd have sent her in my planes since they are faster but something tells me she'll need the extra flexibility her helicopter will bring.

Me: Jiangsu

Jiangsu: Yep?

Me: Remember, your targets are the carriers and any airfields you come across along the way.

Jiangsu: What are you going to do?

Me: Something reckless.