Ch9: Dance With Me (2)

As Enterprise continues running towards the beach with me on her back, I can't help but laugh. Everyone looks at us as we rush past, eyes filled with wonder or amusement. The wind rushing through my hair, I throw my hands up, taking in the sunlight in the process.

Enterprise: We're here!

Opening my eyes reveals that we are indeed at the beach. The evening sun shines brightly as we come to a halt on the sand. Enterprise slowly lets go of my legs, allowing me to stand on my own.

Me: It's beautiful.

When she doesn't immediately respond, I turn away from the horizon to look at her and find her staring at me.

Me: What?

Enterprise: It is.

Me: How'd you know? You haven't looked at it yet.

She simply laughs and starts walking towards the water. After some time, I follow her but stop short as an eagle approaches. 

I watch in amazement as it lands perfectly on her outstretched arm

I watch in amazement as it lands perfectly on her outstretched arm. As I continue to observe from a short distance, she's seemingly lost in thought as she pets it. From how it responds, it's most certainly her pet. Smiling, I decide to leave the two alone and continue walking along the beach, feet kicking up water now and again.

Sometime later, I hear her calling out my name but before I can reply, the eagle finds me and seemingly calls out that I am over here. By the time she's by my side once more, I'm barely keeping myself upright as I laugh at the scene. She smiles and joins me, sitting in the sand.

Enterprise: You can't run away from us, you know.

Me: I wasn't trying to.

The minute she fixes her legs, I turn and plop my head into her lap. The look of surprise on her face doesn't last long but for the brief moment it's there, I'm filled with laughter once more. Once she recovers, however, she smiles and leans down, whispering in my ear.

Enterprise: You know, for a sick person you are quite mischievous.

Before she can pull away, someone calls out our name causing her to nearly jump to her feet. I on the other hand, simply lean further into her lap so that I can see who's calling without getting up. Even though the person appears upside down, I quickly make out that it's Belfast.

Belfast: Excuse my interruption but Miss Zhejiang, you're being invited to join a small gathering within the Royal Navy quarters.

Small gathering, huh. I don't think those words ever mean what they seem to mean. Still, it'd be rude to not accept their hospitality. Without getting up, I take a deep breath before responding.

Me: What kind of gathering is it?

Belfast: A small party.

Me: You're coming?