Ch49: Observer

????'s POV:

Me: Well things got interesting real quick, didn't they?

????: Nothing you didn't predict. More importantly, she's not here.

Me: Yes, yes. I suppose you're right. 

????: Don't tell me you've forgotten the purpose of our mission!

Me: Finding my little sister. I could never forget. I started the search, after all. 

????: Sometimes I think you don't understand the gravity of the situation.

Me: My sister lives the peace survives, she dies...

????: Don't-

????: Why are you guys still arguing over that?

Both: This was not an argument.

????: Really? Could have fooled me. 

Why do I keep either of them around with me?

????: What are we going to do about this situation? This simulation cannot be used as the humans have already proven they lack the resolve to fight back against a full-scale invasion.

Me: That was never the intention.

????: So we'll terminate it then?

Me: In due time. There's still something I want to see first.

????: Is it about the girl?

Me: Her relationship with Enterprise intrigues me.

????: Is that why you raped her?

Me: I-

????: Omg, you did what?

Me: Would you let me finish?

Both fall silent.

Me: Thank you. Now as I was saying, I didn't rape anyone. I didn't even touch the poor thing. 

????: Evidence says otherwise.

Me: The man we were working with tried to force himself onto her and admittedly I could have stopped him but wanted to see what she'd do but the poor thing blacked out from fright shortly after he took off his pants. 

????: Then you-

Me: Then I entered the room, killed the man as he was of no further use to me but the place got attacked so after making it look like she got raped I left the room. As long as she thinks she was then it should have the same effect and ultimately I might still get to see what our little project is capable of. 

????: Has she figured out what she is yet?

Me: No and it will remain that way until I decide otherwise.

????: Because our plans always go the way we want them to-

Me: Oh ye of little faith.

????: Ugghh. You've even...nevermind. just hurry up and get it over with. Tester and I will clean up the mess you inevitably make before we make the jump to the next simulation.

Me: You spoil me-

????: She's right you know.

Our conversation is interrupted by a report from one of my subordinates currently monitoring this world's events.

Me: Would you look at that.

????: What now?

Me: Seems you might get your wish after all.

????: Hmmm?

Me: Things are getting interesting.