It's Friday then!

Start from the beginning

Daniels POV
At first I wasn't too happy about the fact that I had to pick up the winner of the contest. But when I saw her on FaceTime and talked to her a bit I was actually pretty pleased with the fact that is was me who had to go. She was absolutely super pretty, but I think she doesn't realize how gorgeous she actually is. And the fact that she was a bit careful when I called her and didn't just believe it was me, showed me she was quite smart as well.

So as I drive up to her place I can see her standing outside. She is wearing jeans and a white shirt with a rainbow on it. I love it that she looks casual, because she will be doing a lot of walking and if she wants to sit in the SIM it's not very practical to wear a dress or skirt.
I do think she will look amazing in anything she wears.

As I get out of the car I can see her reaction. Oh right I didn't tell her I would pick her up, well this is going to be fun.
I shake her hand and just feeling her skin on mine makes my heart beat a bit faster. Is this for real, I don't even know her. It's so weird that she has this effect on me and she doesn't even know it. "I guess you are Skylar right?" I ask while holding her hand. She confirms and I bend over to give her a kiss on her cheek.

Damn she even smells nice, not like most of the women who I meet, they always put on way too much make up and perfume. Skylar looks natural, I think she isn't even wearing any make up. Just some mascara, that makes her beautiful hazel colored eyes stand out even more. And she is only wearing a very light smelling perfume, but maybe it's not even perfume but just her soap. I love her hair color, it's like a deep purple kind of color. I think that's the only thing about her that's not naturally hers, but it looks amazing on her.

As I give her the kiss on her cheek I hear her take a deep breath. I guess she didn't expect that, but I hope she didn't mind. I look at her and I can see some blush on her cheeks.
Shit it's going to be a challenge not kissing her on the lips right here and now. I quickly take her hand and walk her towards the car.

As I open the door and she bends over to get in the car I can hear her suck in her breath sharply as if she is in pain. I look at her a bit worried, but as she sits down she looks at me and smiles reassuring. "I'm ok, don't worry" she tells me. I'm still a bit doubtful but I just get in on my side and start the car. I really love the sound it makes and it vibrates through my body. As I look over to Skylar I see her bite her lip and she looks so freaking sexy right now.

She notices me looking and her face turns bright red. "Feels good huh" I kinda tease her, because I understand what she felt when I started the car. I felt the same and looking at her makes it even worse keeping my hands to myself.
I drive away to keep me occupied and as soon as we reach the motorway I make the engine roar and speed up a bit.
She shouts and gets absolutely thrilled. For me the fast cars are normal, so I tend to forget that it's not like that for everybody. I sure am glad I can make her feel what I feel every time I get in a fast car.

Skylar's POV
I have to pinch myself to see if I'm actually awake, because being in this car with Daniel is not something that happens to people like me. But as I pinch myself it hurts, so I'm not dreaming. "So you didn't even know your friends signed you up for the contest"? Daniel asks me.
"Nope, I was ehm, a bit distracted at that time, some not so fun things happened and I guess they wanted to surprise me". I tell him as I look at his face.

"Really? You want to tell me about it?" He askes as he quickly looks at me.
"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it, it's all good now" I look away and pretend to check out all the buttons inside this car. "So is there a radio in this thing?" I ask.
"Yeah you can connect your phone with the car if you want to put on some music."
I figure out how to connect the phone and ask him what he wants to hear.
"Just put your playlist on, I'm curious to find out what you like to listen to" he overtakes a couple of cars and moves back to the middle lane of the motorway.

"Well ok, but I'll warn you, it has a lot of different music styles in it." I put on my playlist and press shuffle, so I have no idea which song will play first.
Oh shit it's 'Wicked Games' by Chris Isaak. That song does something to me. For some reason I find it an incredibly sexy song. Again I feel my cheeks blush and I feel my body temperature rising.

"Ah good song to start with" he says and he looks at me again. I can just feel his eyes on me and it doesn't really help getting my temperature down at all.
My mouth feels dry and I lick my lips, I need something to drink so I get my waterbottle out of my bag and take a few sips.
"Could I please have a sip of your water, my mouth is a bit dry?" He askes me and I hand over my bottle of water to him. "Sure I don't mind sharing"

"So how are you feeling towards next weekend? You'll go to Imola next right?" I try to make small talk to relax a bit.
"Yeah I always love going to Italy. I really hope we can get some points again, because we need it" he leaves the motorway and we continue on a smaller road through the country.
"Yeah well the season has just started, everybody is getting used to the new cars, so don't be to hard on yourself. There are a lot more races to come. You never know what will happen this year." I take another sip from my water and look at him.

He is focused on the road, because here it's not as straight as the motorway.
As I look at him drive I can just feel the butterflies and I sigh. Sure I always had a little bit of a crush on him, but that was more like a celebrity crush. Actually meeting him, talking to him didn't really help getting rid of that crush.
Oh well, I would only spend this day with him and I would cherish the memories I'll make today forever.

Suddenly we hear the first words of Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio. We look at each other and he starts to sing a long with the song. It's so funny to watch him, he's totally going for it. He's not the best singer, but seeing him comfortable enough to pretty much make a show out of it, makes me relax myself and I join him in a Queen duet. I've never thought of myself as a good singer, but I do love to sing. Usually when I'm alone under the shower or in the car, but at the moment I don't really care if I make a fool out of myself. For some reason Daniel makes me feel that he wouldn't care if I sounds like a cat in distress either.

As I start to sing he stops for a second and looks at me,
"Damn you can actually sing" he says and he looks surprised. I frown and look back at him," haha very funny, I might not make your ears bleed, but I'm not good at all" I reply.
"Well I have to disagree with that, because you sound really good." and he starts to sing again.
I find it hard to believe, but it doesn't matter, I just want to enjoy the moment so I join him again.

Every time a song comes on we both know we sing a long. In between we can't stop talking, he wants to know everything about me, about my job as a veterinary nurse, my friends and family.
It's so easy to talk to him, it almost feels like I've known him for much longer.
I also ask him about his life, not the life on track, but more the life off track, because that is the Daniel I really want to get to know.
Before I realize we arrive at the McLaren factory and I'm in awe when I see the building. I can't wait to see what's inside.