"Yeah everyone was okay in the end so I guess that's all that matters he said it was something to do with some documents or something", I say.

"Well I know one things for sure I have no clue either when having a partner that works in the mafia you don't really get an inside to everything deep down like that they try to keep it hidden away for some reason", she says.

"He probably just doesn't want your worrying about things I mean look at me I don't even know myself and I've been married to his father for over a decade", she says laughing.

"How long we're your together before you got married, it's just I know you do it early", i say. "Yeah when being in the mafia it's hard you never know when your last day will be so they hurry things along instead of waiting". "Let's just say they're a bit impatient these boys", she says winking.

"But me and Enzo's father had known one another for a couple months prior to us dating then from there probably around 2 and a half months until he had asked me to marry him.

"Then of course there's no time to wait for weddings so everything gets planned the week after that and then a month later and your married", she says.

"Are you having doubts about yours and Enzo's relationship"? She asks. "Oh god no I just need to get used to this fast life", i reply. "You'll get used to it sooner or later it's just the way things work round here", she reply's.

"Anyway since the boys are pre occupied did you want the tour of the garden whist your here"? She asks. "Sure", i reply.

-

Their house had a large rectangular pool at the bottom connected to an indoor jacuzzi and sauna. They had a wide area of concrete with table and plants all around followed by a large grass area and an indoor open area glass building at the back for all the indoor flowers and plants.

A side tennis court was beside the grass land along with an outdoor decking area. Upon the decking stood a large sofa set beneath a dark stained canopy with an expensive campfire in-front. Fairy lights hung around twisted upon veins of leaves for extra decoration along with the odd lantern.

In the centre of the concrete path separating the two side grass areas stood a 3 tier water fountain. Within the fountain stood a large statue of an Italian goddess.

"Who's the statue of"? I ask walking round the fountain. "That's  Februus", she replies. "Italian god of purification that lays in the underworld". "Februus was also the god of riches and death both of which are connected loosely to the underworld".

"What about that statue over there"? I ask pointing to one at the side of the glass building. "That's Aphrodite, greek goddess associated with love, lust, beauty, pleasure, passion, and procreation". She says.

"Her special number was said to be 5 which is why we have her in-front of the 5th window of the 5th row", she adds. "She must of been powerful", i say. "Of course", she says.

-

It was around 6pm by the time Enzo had told me about our reservation at a restaurant for the night which was booked for 7. This gave me enough time to get changed and ready for the night as-well and himself.

I got changed into a long tight fitted plain black dress with a low v cute and a leg split down the side. To match I paired it with a leather black clutch bag with gold details to match the gold jewellery I was wearing.

Walking down to meet enzo I find him in a plain black suit per usual looking all smart yet again. Per usual. But he looked good in a suit so I can't complain.

Enzo:

Watching her walk down then stairs clutching to the banister for balance lit up something inside of me which hadn't been lit before. Her clacking heels against the wooden steps and the sound of her jewellery hitting of the rail echoed around the entrance.

The dress clung to her body tightly showing off all her curves and edges precisely. I could of ripped that off there and then despite my mother and father present.

I guess I'll save that trick for later.

"Ready amore"? I ask as she nods. "Let's go then we don't want to be late".

-

We pulled up outside a fancy restaurant which had stone steps up to the main entrance with a rolled out red carpet top to bottom. Waiters and extra staff were standing all around welcoming you inside and wishing for you to have a great night which was sweet.

"This place is so fancy", i say holding onto Enzo's arm as we walk up the stairs. "Only the best for you", he replies with a smile.

The whole room was filled top to bottom by glass windows, tables, and booths. We made our way to a back corner as Enzo had booked a table overlooking the views outside.

The tables rested on long dark poles circled by the comfiest leather black chairs to match. Our table was desecrated by shiny white plates, on top laid a soft napkin along with the usual cutlery.

Wine glasses were bought over along with our choice to drink which Enzo chose called Lambrusco.
Shortly after menus were passed out to both of us as we start deciding what we would like to eat.

I ordered a lasagna al forno with a side of roasted bell pepper risotto whereas Enzo ordered bistecca alla fiorrentina (steak) with Parmesan roasted potatoes.

"I bought you here to discuss something", he says placing down his fork. "My father thinks it's best for us to move closer to them over here", he says.

"I won't go through with it if you don't want to but it would mean we are closer to both my family and the businesses", he says.

"Enzo", i say as he cuts me off. "It's needed aria". "They found out where my house is, you know what happened when one of their men got in". "I'm not saying we will for definite I'm just saying it will be safer".

"Enzo", i say cutting him off. "We can move". "If that's what you want we can move closer to your family". "Plus I'll be closer to the clubs", i say winking.

"Me and my father found a house before whilst you were in the garden with my mother, tomorrow I will be going to see it I want you to come with", he says. "I'd love to", i reply.

"Dessert"? He asks smirking.

1754 words

Make sure to vote 🤍