TIME FOR THE TRUTH

I waited outside the window of the store which was the entrance to the St. Mungo's. A smack and two figures apparated in front of me. 

Hermione and Harry stood with their wands out.

"Florence? How are you?" Hermione spoke up first.

"I am fine. How are you both doing? Thanks for responding. How is Ron?"

"We are fine. Ron's pretty shaken. He lost his brother."

"I know. I am sorry about Fred. Harry?" I greeted him with a curt nod, which he returned with a similar gesture. "I couldn't afford to tell you much over the letter in case the Death Eaters who are on the run find us. So, just follow me. And uh.....Draco is here. Hope it's not a problem?" They both shook their heads. They have had bigger problems than Draco, most of it was catching the Death Eaters on the run.

I led them inside and they quietly followed me without question. Everyone was gaping at them both and why won't they? The golden trio were the heroes now and had been on papers since a year. 

I led them through a door in the Creature-Induced Injuries corridor and finally we halted in front of the bed with curtains drawn. That was the only occupied bed in the room now. Harry and Hermione both passed me skeptical looks. I ignored them and drew the curtains apart. Immediately Hermione slapped her hand on her mouth followed by a loud gasp and Harry.....well he just stared with bewildered eyes. They were all looking at Severus Snape, who was now almost healed except a single bandage covering the scar on his neck.

"Professor Snape!" Harry breathed out finally after a few seconds. He lunged forward at him and wrapped him in a bone crushing embrace. Professor Snape was taken a back by this sudden affection but after sometime he gently placed his hands on his back and coaxed him to let him go as he was almost strangling him. Harry broke the hug and looked into his eyes. I couldn't see his face but I was sure he was crying, because Hermione's face was already drenched in tears. I wrapped my arm around her to comfort her.

"How.....how is.....I saw him dying....." Harry whipped his head from him to me and back to him, trying to get his words out.

"I didn't. My mother did. He was given the help he needed in the right time and that's why he is alive.....because of her. I only came to know after Voldemort died. I would have let you know before but I was unwell too and as soon the healers released me the first thing, I did was sent a letter to Hermione.....for all three of you, especially you Harry." He looked at me and move towards me. He then held my hands and said,

"Thank you, Florence. You just relieved me of a heavy burden. I was....." He paused to wipe the tears of his face.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I heard you defending him. I know how much he means to you now."

"I think we should leave them alone. They have a lot to catch up." Hermione whispered to me, her voice still trembling. I nodded and we both went out of the room leaving Harry and Professor Snape to talk.

I helped Hermione into a chair while she coped with her crying. Once she was done, she looked at me and demanded to know everything I knew. 

I told her everything. There was nothing to hide. Draco was still here with mum and they were up in the cafeteria, they weren't exactly ready to face Harry and Hermione now, especially Draco, knowing it was his home and in front of him that Hermione was being tortured by Bellatrix. Lucius and Narcissa returned to the manor awaiting the Ministry to find them.  

When I finished narrating the whole story, Hermione wasn't crying anymore she was listening to me intently and nodding like as if I was giving a whole lecture on Goblins' rebellion in the History of Magic class.