🦡BADGERS AND BADGES🦡

"The Hogwarts Champion," Dumbledore called, "is Cedric Diggory!" The entire Hufflepuff table roared with joy. To have a Hufflepuff student as the Triwizard Champion was a huge thing, we could rub this on the face of other house students, especially Gryffindors for the entire year and the years to come. Cedric Diggory was the most polite prefect we ever got, in the entire school. He waved at all the Hufflepuff students and went towards the Long table and then was directed towards the other room. Then the room felt silent again and Professor Dumbledore was about to say something more but the Goblet went haywire and everyone looked at it. It splayed its fire around and Professor Dumbledore caught another piece of parchment in his hand and called out, 

"Harry Potter!"

"I don't know Ernie, I mean I support Cedric, there's no way I will support Potter but this badge.....its way too mean." I looked up at him still holding the badge in my hand, not willing to wear it.

Draco made those badges. He always has some good tricks up his sleeve. Not that he supports Cedric; he insults all Hufflepuffs except me, at any given day. But when two people have a common enemy, no matter what brawl they had in the past, they just magically unite. So Cedric's group got the badges and requested everyone to wear it.

"Oh c'mon tell me you don't believe Potter wants to steal our glory. He had always done that. Even his own friends are not talking to him now. He is a cheat." Ernie slammed his fist on the table.

"I know he is. But wearing badges to shame someone, it's not my thing. I will keep it in my bag." Then I walked off towards Susan and Justin. They were too looking uncomfortable about wearing those badges.

When I was coming out of Muggle Studies class, Hermione called out, "Florence, can I have a word?"

"Yes." I turned around beaming at the only Gryffindor friend I had.

"I saw you are not wearing those badges."

"Oh. I don't really think it is worth....." before I could complete she cut me off, "So I was thinking if you would like to buy the S.P.E.W. badges instead. It is for a good purpose."

"I know. And yes I would love to buy it. Here....." I stuffed my hand in my school robes and brought out my purse, taking out ten sickles and gave it to her. "Give me five badges. Or you can just give me one and keep the rest, as a generous donation." Her mouth was gaped open. People were mocking her for the S.P.E.W. badges and she clearly did not expect this.

"Florence.....I.....Thank you! I will give you five badges." She took the money and handed me five S.P.E.W. badges from her bag containing them, muttering thank you all the while.