IT'S ME OR HER

"So you are staying back for Christmas?" Draco asked me after some time, as I was going through another book which I nicked from the Restricted Section, of course returning the previous one. I looked up. He wasn't looking at me. His eyes were on the cabinet.

"I don't know. Are you?" He looked at me now.

"I was thinking about staying back. I thought your plan, the poisoning one. Let's put it into action maybe."

"You sure? We have to plan it perfectly so that............it doesn't end up like Katie Bell again?" He nodded. 

"Then stay back.....we can work on it and enjoy the bit of Christmas together.....if you are not going with Blaise." The last part he said with a scoff. 

"Oh that.....I really don't want to go.....it's just he asked me then and I didn't know how to say no on his face."

"Why not? He likes you. He is smart, rich, good looking and you are....."

"Dumb.....loyal.....coward." I interrupted him.

"Loyal; and also you are beautiful and smart." He continued ignoring what I said.

"No I am not. You are bluffing." I laughed looking back at the book. I felt him advancing near me but I chose to keep looking at the book shifting slightly uncomfortably. He kneeled down in front of me and held my chin in his long slender fingers and lifted my face up to meet him. Then with a calm expression he said,

"Believe me Flo.....you are beautiful." And then everything happened in a flash of seconds. Draco leaned forward and I didn't hesitate and brushed my lips very lightly with his, as if teasing, which send a whirl of current into my spine. Then he just like that got up and went back to the cabinet, whereas I was left panting and overcoming this sudden shift of.....everything around me, like I just apparated. I sat there staring at Draco, the book remained opened on my lap, long forgotten. Then I got up and ran outside, shouting, 

"I need some air." I didn't turn back. He didn't stop me either. I went straight to my bed and lay there, covering my head with my blanket. I was still relishing the effect he left over me and probably he had no idea about it. I closed my eyes and remembered the moment again. That piercing gaze from his grey eyes, those fingers holding my chin, Merlin his fingers were so.....artistic. I wondered what he could do more to me with them.

And the taste of his lips.....he always used cocoa butter balm for his lips to keep them from chapping in winter. I smirked to myself. I didn't return that day, nor the day after or later until it was time for Christmas.

Peggy flew into my room one night with a letter in her beak. I had just come back from dinner then. I didn't know she was out delivering letters! I didn't send her anywhere recently after mum wrote back to me. 

Then who send the letter via Peggy? Draco? 

I took the letter from her beak, fed her some treats and some water and then turned over the letter to read it. It was from my mother.