THE LAST WORDS OF ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

I looked at the bird in my hand. Draco stood near the cabinet, holding its door open, looking perplexed.

"Draco.....listen to me, it will work. Don't worry." His horrified grey eyes scanned me and then looked at the bird in my hand. I gently placed the bird in the cabinet and he closed the door. The handle of the door, slowly rotated and then ticked, thus confirming that the bird has been transported. Draco looked at me again, frightened in anticipation of whether it will come back in one piece or not. I went towards him and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He gripped my hand too hard and we both waited staring at the cabinet.

The handles started to rotate back and ticked again; we both watched it frantically as it came to a still. A chirping noise came from within. 

I looked at Draco, his eyes were widened with excitement, as we both grabbed the door of the handle and opened it. The little bird flew out of the cabinet into the room of requirement, soaring high into the large room. Draco gave a loud cry of joy, gripping me as hard as possible. He then lurched upon the cabinet and kissed it hard and turned back at me, hugging me with all his might.

"We did it Flo, we did it. Thank you.....thank you so much. I love you." His voice came muffled from my shoulder. I was pretty sure he was crying so I wrapped my arms around him, slapping his back. 

But why wasn't I happy? 

All these days I struggled hard so that Draco could finish mending this cabinet...I was looking forward to it so eagerly. Why isn't it causing me that thrill and excitement then? 

I knew the answer very well. 

No matter how much I wanted Draco to finish the job, the thought of killing Dumbledore wasn't quite thrilling to me. That man meant nothing to me except he was my headmaster. He never taught me, I am pretty sure he barely knew my name. We have never talked to each other or never have I ever been in his office; I don't even know where the headmaster's office is. 

Killing him should be a piece of cake, then why is it making me so anxious? Am I afraid? Or am I too soft? If he is dead, who is going to take over the school? I hope it's McGonagall and not the Dark Lord himself, for the latter will be a nightmare and I would be equally responsible for that.

Draco sensed my silence and pulled away to look at me. He placed his hands on my cheek and said, "Flo, why aren't you celebrating? Aren't you happy?" his grey eyes frantically searched for a reason.

"Of course I am happy. I was just thinking.....never mind.....we can think about it tomorrow. Let's celebrate.....CHOCOLATE FROGS?" I handed him one and plopped one into my mouth and pointed my wand upwards to release confetti from my wand tip, dropping them all over us. Draco gave another shrill of joy. I was happy to see him celebrating and whooping like that after such a long time, so I grabbed his collar and smashed my lips on his to which he groped my waist and pushed me back against the cabinet door, gently lifting me as I wrapped my legs around his waist and tugged at his shirt trying to rip it open when suddenly the door of the room opened with a heavy thudding sound.

"What the hell?" we both whispered together. I got off him and slowly peaked towards the door from behind a mountain of broken objects. Professor Trelawney walked in hunched, carrying bottles with her, looking right at where we were standing.

"Draco.....it's Trelawney, What the hell is she doing here? Do something....." He thrust his hands into his coat pocket and took out a packet of dark powder. 

It was the Instant Darkness Powder, sold in the Weasleys shop. So many in Hufflepuffs have brought them already. 

Draco threw it in the air and then took out another thing out of his pocket which I couldn't make out instantly as the whole room was darkened and I couldn't see a single thing. But I did hear footsteps running from beside me and a loud shrill voice saying, 

"TAKE MY HAND" A Draco Malfoy Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें