ASTRONOMY TOWER

"Professor Sinistra wants to see you; she is in the library." Ernie said to me during lunch. I finished my lunch in hurry and went towards the library. Sinistra was sitting in the Teachers' section. I went towards her. She wasn't very strict, rather she was calm and had a sweet voice except when she was angry.

"Professor!" I called out.

"Oh yes Ms. Macnair, today the sky will be clear so I thought all of you could do with practicing star charts, will you set up the telescopes today, just adjust them properly beforehand. I would have done that myself but there is a staff meeting today after dinner. Inform everyone that the classes will start from eight o' clock evening."

"Yes ma'am." I gave her a curt nod and went off.

I finished my dinner already; I was heading towards the Astronomy tower with my books and the charts. Professor Sinistra later sent me a note saying to take out a few books from the library and bring it up as well. I gave a detour in the library, took the books and then went off to the Astronomy tower. It was curfew now, so no one was supposed to be out except Prefects. When I reached the top, I was surprised to find someone standing at the corner. I couldn't make out who it was, so I tip toed near the person and soon blond hair came into view.

"Draco?" I called him. He immediately snapped his head at me, breathed out a sigh of relief on seeing me and turned back to face the open sky again, hunched over the railing.

"What do you want?" he scoffed.

"We have Astronomy class today from eight. What are you doing here? I didn't know you took Astronomy."

"No I didn't. I will just go." He prepared to leave but I stopped him, I wanted to talk to him but never get the chance. He had been avoiding me a lot and sometimes I have seen him walking alone without Crabbe and Goyle. It was surprising indeed.

"It's okay you can stay, there is still a half an hour left for the class to start. No one comes five minutes before the class, not even Professor Sinistra." I said in a soft voice.

"Then what are you doing here so early?" his voice was all soft too.

"Professor asked me to set up the telescopes, to adjust them before the class begins. It's a great way to learn. I never say no." He nodded. I went on to fixing the telescopes; there were seven N.E.W.T. students in our class, so seven telescopes were to be adjusted. It took me fifteen minutes all together and then I went up to him. He watched me from the corner of his eyes but didn't move.

"Draco.....how are you?" I asked him. I was worried about him.

"Good." He answered looking away. Clearly he wasn't good.

"You don't look good." I pushed him for answer.

"I said I am good." he attempted to raise his voice, but failed.

"Tell me what is wrong? Something is definitely up." I turned to face him slightly.

"I said I am fine." He spat at me. "Leave me alone now."

"NO!" now turning towards him completely.

"What?" he looked at me, his face contorted with anger.

"I said NO! I won't leave you alone. You have to talk to me. Tell me what's going on?"

"Why do you care?" he stepped forward.

"I always did, because last time I checked we were best friends, at least that's what I thought." I took a step forwards and placed my hand on his. I was prepared that he was going to slap my hand away but he didn't move. So I took his hands in mine and moved closer to him. He didn't flinch at all. He was looking down and looked rather depressed.