CONFESSIONS...

"What?" I bellowed looking away from him.

"You really said that?" he asked half smiling.

"Maybe.....I don't remember. I was eleven for Merlin's sake." I splashed water at him in embarrassment and anger. He wiped the water off his face and said,

"All right, don't get so hostile. I liked it too. We were eleven yes and its absolutely okay."

"You sure?" I watched him from the corner of his eyes. He was looking straight now.

"Ye.....yes.....I am sure." Then there was an awkward silence. "So tell me about you and Fletchley," he asked, breaking the silence.

"What about us?" I asked.

"You guys are.....dating?" he asked, clearly unsure.

"No!" I laughed it away.

"Don't lie, you are always together, going to class together, coming back from class together. You even sit beside him in most classes and during meal times." Then he stopped abruptly to look at me.

"Are you spying on me Draco?"

"No.....NO!" he stammered.

"You are doing a horrible job at that. He likes another girl. I know it. That's why he talks to me about her and we are friends. No one else knows in our group."

"But you guys went to the Yule Ball together?"

"Yes we did, because he asked me. I would lie if I say we didn't have a thing, but then we realized, it's not exactly working between us, I mean.....we rarely have anything to talk about. He is a good friend now. That's it." I looked up at him again and he was staring at me. An awkward tension was creating between us. I could feel it. My lower abdomen was twisting within itself and my eyes were softening as I continued to stare at him. I have to break it!

"What about you and Pansy? Ho.....how is it going?" I asked, breaking the stare. He flinched and looked away.

"Nothing.....its okay." He replied casually, picking at his nails.

"What okay?" I looked at him.

"Its okay.....its going okay." I stared at him for some time.

"Draco look, I may not be a great person to tell you this.....but since I am your best friend.....you can hate me for this.....I won't mind.....maybe be a little.....but I have to tell you the truth." I paused to see him getting all tensed up. So I leaned forward and said, "I don't think Pansy is good enough for you. I know she is pure blood and stuff and everything your family ever want you to marry and all but.....you deserve better." He gave no response. I kept staring at him for a response. He looked at me again and said,

"To be honest Flo, we are not even in a proper relationship. We connect.....just.....sexually." I rolled my eyes. For me that was the most disgusting thing on earth. Connect to someone sexually! What the hell is that supposed to mean? Acting like a bag of meats to each other!

However I know this coming from me might just screw up things and if they split, they might just blame it on me. So I kept quiet and nodded my head. He continued, "I like her.....but as a friend. I just enjoy the sex and the attention I get. You know what I mean?" He looked at me.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him.

"Because you.....asked.....about me and Pansy!"

"No I mean, why tell me this, you should be saying this to her."

"I don't know how she will react and honestly my parents are very happy to know that I am hanging out with her."

"What do you want Draco?" He looked at me. I raised my brow at him.