THE BATTLE OF HOGWARTS

Every eye, living and dead, was fixed upon Professor McGonagall, who was speaking from the raised platform at the top of the Hall. Behind her stood the remaining teachers, including the palomino centaur, Firenze, and and some other people whom I didn't recognize.

".....evacuation will be overseen by Mr. Filch and Madam Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word you will organize your house and take your charges, in an orderly fashion, to the evacuation point."

Many of the students looked petrified.

Ernie stood up and shouted, "what if we want to stay and fight?"

There was a smattering of applause from the Hufflepuffs, including myself.

"If you are of age, you may stay," said Professor McGonagall.

"What about our things?" called a girl at the Ravenclaw table, "our trunks and owls?"

"We have no time to collect possessions," said Professor McGonagall. "The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" shouted a girl from the Slytherin table.

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk," replied Professor McGonagall, and a great cheer erupted from the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws.

I followed Professor Sprout towards the Astronomy tower. Justin and Susan were accompanying Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall towards the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor towers. Ernie went towards the grounds with Professor Lupin. Hannah went along with one of the Weasley twins and a few others to block the passageways.

"We should stick together." I suggested.

"No, we cannot stay together. We should split and help in every possible direction." Ernie replied.

"Yes, we cannot huddle together and win this. Let's help as much as we can and stay safe guys." Hannah said before she departed with the Weasley twin. Ernie and Susan left too. I turned towards Justin, but before I could say anything, he spoke up.

"After all this is over, can I take you as a friend to see the Captain America Museum in America, will that be okay?"

"Yes that sounds like a perfect plan." I then wrapped him into a hug and said, "Please don't die."

"Don't worry. Remember," he pulled away and looked at me, "you are nothing like your parents Flo. You are so much better than them. And if you face him, do not falter; stun him if you have to. Now go. I will see you later." And we parted.

I smiled at the memory as we positioned in the Astronomy tower, ready to throw the hexes. Something like a thunder clapped around us and soon we looked up to see thousands of spells clashing with the protective charms that have been set around us. I glanced sideways and looked at Leanne, a fellow Hufflepuff and then to Professor Sprout. For a long time the spells kept clashing around, till one spell broke the enchantment and then there was silence.

Then all of a sudden thousands of spells started to fire towards us. Everyone backed off, a large spell blasted the parapet of the Astronomy tower and we fell back and started to move downwards. Chunks of stone dropped from above us. Students starting to shout as stones fell above them. Something flew in and fired spells at those running. A flash of light hit the flying thing and it toppled over. 

It was a masked Death Eater.

"Get out of the tower everyone." Professor Sprout shouted, her wand still pointed at the collapsed Death Eater. We ran for our lives, on the way helping up those who were toppled over by the falling chunks of the tower. As soon as we got out, another Death Eater shot a jinx at the side of the tower and it burst into flames.