CHARITY BURBAGE

Halle, their old house-elf appeared with a tray of food for both of us. I told her to keep the tray on the table. I urged Draco to eat despite his refusal. He finally gave in and sat down with me to eat.

"Mistress Malfoy wants Halle to escort you to her room." Halle said, when she appeared to collect the plates. I got up and attempted to move, when Draco caught my hand and said,

"Stay here Flo. I don't want to be alone." 

I leaned into his ear and said, "don't worry I will come by later."

Halle escorted me to a room that was on the other end of the long corridor. Draco's mother was waiting for me in the room.

"Is it okay? Let me know if you want a bigger room." She asked me. The room was almost the size of a single Hufflepuff dormitory.

"It's more than okay aunty. It's beautiful. Thank you for everything."

"Florence, you grew up with Draco, you are like a daughter to me. On top of that you risked yourself to help him; this is the least I can do for you."

"It's okay. You don't have to say that."

"How is Draco?" she asked.

"Pretty shaken, he will take time to recover."

"I know. I have pushed my son to do things I cannot imagine. I am the worst mother; it was because of Severus that he....."

"Please don't say that. You are a good mother. You just don't have a choice. It's okay. I will help him. Don't worry he will be fine." She turned smiling at me and placed a hand on my cheek.

"I know. Get some rest. The Dark Lord may call for you."

************

I slowly tiptoed to Draco's room and on my way saw Draco's grandfather Abraxas Malfoy's portrait. He died when we were very small. His portrait has been an interesting thing for us, for behind his portrait was one of the concealed passage of the manor which lead to the hallway behind the portrait of first descendant of Malfoys, Sir Armand Malfoy. We often used the passage to go here and there, haven't used them a long time now. Draco's grandfather loved him very much and so he never mind whenever he used the passage way. He knew me as Draco's all time accomplice for his shenanigans.

"Macnair Florence," he said grudgingly.

"Grandfather Malfoy, how are you sir?" I asked him politely.

"Just as well, what are you doing loitering at night? How is my grandson? He barely talks to me now." he said dishearteningly.

"I was actually going to him now. I will let him know what you said." He gave a curt nod and went back to sleeping.