Bonus Chapter 1

1 year after marriage:

Virat's POV:
Food is done. Arrangements are perfect. Guests are invited.

Am I forgetting something?

Oh yes, I have to pick her up. I hope her flight hasn't landed yet.

I made my way out of the house and asked the driver to drive me to airport.

I'm so happy today and all my happiness and excitement is somehow making me mad.

Nushkie is coming back. I will get to see her after a whole month and I can't wait to meet her.

She has gone to France to represent India in the Annual International Business Conference.

To say I'm proud of her, would be an understatement. She is on her career best and owns the business world and obviously my heart too.

The last year has nothing but Best for both of us personally as well as professionally.

From getting married to starting a life together that we both have started to love to experiencing some of the career highs like RCB winning the IPL title for me and being India's representative at AIBC for her.

From the past 3 months, we've been living alone as family had to shift back to Delhi because of Bhabhi-bhaiya's work. Though, we made sure to visit them once or twice every month and spend time with them.

Currently sitting on the backseat of my car at the entrance of the airport, I am impatiently waiting for my Nushkie to arrive.

Seeing the huge crowd of media and paps, I can't even think to step outside the car. They are here to cover Nushkie, India's representative at the annual conference and the thought itself made my chest swell with pride. Seeing your dear ones getting the results of their hardwork is an amazing feeling to experience.

Breaking the chain of my thoughts was the loud voices of paps. I glanced outside to see my bubs making her way through them with the sweetest smile adorning her face.

She looked around as if searching for something and just when her eyes laid on my car, her smile got wider and she started taking quick steps.

A minute later, she reached near the car and my heart was thumping so loudly that I could hear my heartbeats clearly.

She opened the car and before I could even see her, she hopped inside and jumped on me wrapping her arms around me. The driver started driving the car.

I hugged her back too and that my friend, is my heaven. She is my heaven. I felt at home, I felt at peace, I felt myself.

We both didn't parted and I could feel my tshirt getting a little wet on my shoulder. That's when I realised that Nushkie is crying.

I broke the hug and her welled up eyes met mine.

“I missed you” She said before again taking me in a hug. I stroked her hairs gently.

“Nushkie.. Bubs, no tears.”

“I'll happily cry all my life if I have your arms wrapped around me, Vee” She said snuggling more into me.

“I missed you, Bubs” I said before slowly picking Anushka and making her sit in my lap with her head still in the crook of my neck.

“Vee, Have you changed your perfume?” She asked with raised eyebrows looking straight into my eyes.

I laughed nervously but her expression changed to ‘I-need-answer’ real quick.

“Vo actually Nushkie” I rubbed back of my neck nervously.

“Don't tell me Vee, you didn't bath. And this is not some perfume” Anushka asked with suspicious eyes to which I passed a tight lipped smile.