Chapter 42: TELLING THE FAMILIES

After 2 days:

Virat's POV:
It's been 2 days since we are back in town. I have been busy with shoots and spending time with family while Anushka has come back in her role- ICT manager, instructing us all about our shootings schedules and everything. We haven't talked much after we are back in Mumbai because of our hectic schedules and we have to join the squad in 5 days for ODI world cup. As of now, I was free so thought of calling Anushka, I hope she is also free otherwise one more day without talking to her. She picked the call after 2 rings.
"Heyy Vee.." She answer cheerfully.
"Somebody is happy today"
"You guessed it right. Actually, Mumma cracked a big deal so very happy for her" she replied
"Wow, that's a good news. Congratulate Aunty on my behalf also" We talked like this for another 15 minutes when I finally brought up the topic.
"Nushkie..."
"Yeah?? What happened Vee.."
"I think, now we should tell Aunty about us. We decided that we'll tell her after IPL so..??"
"But Virat"
"Nushkie, We have to tell her someday and I know she'll understand. And moreover, it doesn't feel right to hide something so big and important from our families and closed ones..." I stated my point.
"Vee, Mom will be very upset. I don't have the strength to break this news to her. I know whatever you're saying is absolutely correct but I just don't know" Anushka said and i could hear from her voice how tensed she was.
"Anushka, You don't need to take stress. I don't want to force you but I feel this is the right time to tell them. And we are together so we will manage everything. Just think about it"
"I understand Vee. I myself don't like to hide our relationship from our team or our families. But to muster that courage is very hard" She said.
"I get you, Nushkie and I'm with you. Even if you decide to not break the news, I'm okay with that too but think and take the decision" There was a minute silence after this and then Anushka spoke
"Vee, it's going to be impossible to hide this from our team after being with them 24*7 during the next month. And we've to tell mom about our relationship eventually, so let's do it" She said and i grinned widely.
"Okay. So, let's meet your mom tomorrow at dinner. What say?" I suggested
"Yeah. Perfect. And let's meet somewhere outside."
"Our regular restaurant??"
"Done. Let's meet there at 7 in the evening. I hope everything goes well" She prayed.
"Nushkie, may I ask you one thing..."
"Yeah"
"Your mom likes me, Right? She doesn't hate me or something....?? Right?" I just wanted to confirm before meeting aunty. What if she just throws me out of the restaurant the moment we tell her the truth. Wouldn't that be embarassing?? But in the answer to my questions all I heard was Anushka's laugh. What's she finding so funny?
"No mister, she doesn't hate you. Even she likes you a lot and you ain't coming to ask for my hand for marriage" She said laughing
"And what if i really ask your hand for marriage?" I said jokingly.
"Then, I'll throw you out before Mumma does" She said laughing again. Did I really said my thoughts loud enough to be heard. How stupid!!
"Byee now. See you tomorrow" I said and we disconnected the call. So, finally tomorrow is the big day. I hope everything goes well. I didn't show it to Nushkie but I am nervous. I don't know how her mom will react and how'll we manage everything, let's see what the day has in store for US.

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I and Virat has decided to disclose the news of us being in relationship to mom. I really don't know how to calm myself now and I am just freaking out. I know eventually mumma will understand but that's not helping my nervous self to relax. All I'm thinking are the possible reactions of mom to the news. Will she be angry? Will she be hurt? Will she be happy? Ugh, I'll definitely go crazy. I decided to calm myself a bit and call mom to inform her about our dinner plan. She agreed to join me but I didn't tell her that Virat will join us too. She said that she'll come directly from her office.