Chapter 22: THE WORKOUT CHALLENGE

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I woke up and did my workout in my room only as I didn't know where the gym was. I made a mental note of asking about it to Virat as he is the biggest gym freak in the team. After workout, here comes the most difficult part of the day, choosing an outfit for the day but before I could open my wardrobe, I heard a knock on my door. I saw a hotel staff and he handed me a dress and told that It was for me. I took it and searched for the name of the sender but couldn't find.

 I took it and searched for the name of the sender but couldn't find

(The dress)

It was a perfect casual outfit and the smile on my face was saying this too. But who sent it? As I turned around I saw Virat standing by the door smiling at me. What's he doing in my room? And what's with this smile?
“Mr Kohli It's bad manners to enter someone's room without permission... Don't you know it?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest.
“Firstly, It's not bad manners when you do this to check the reaction of someone to your surprise. And secondly I am not totally in the room, I am standing by the door. So, I did no wrong you see” He said and my mind was still stuck at the first part of his answer.
“So, you gave me the dress? ” I asked the obvious
“Yes, I did and I also saw that you liked it. I was worried whether you'll like it or not. Thank god” Virat said entering into the room.
“It's so beautiful. Exactly the type of dress I love. But what's with this unexpected surprise”
“Weren't you the one who advised us to buy unexpected gifts for family? And I consider my friends my family too. So, here goes your gift” said Virat. I couldn't help myself from hugging him. With these sweet gestures Virat has made a special place for him in my heart. On the first day, I never thought I will get along with him ever but today he is my best friend. Time changes...I was lost in my thoughts and totally forgot that I was literally strangling him with my tight hug.
“Are you planning to murder me, Anushka?” he asked.
And I quickly backed off from the hug.
“No, why would I do that?” I protested knowing his answer.
“The way you hugged me, I thought so.” he said and I hit playfully on his arms.
“Thank you for this. I literally loved it”
“Now you can't troll me for my choice anymore...”and saying this he left the room saying bye..
He has a good choice to be honest and he has a good heart too.. I can't wait to see how our friendship blossoms. I kept the dress to wear on some special day and got ready in another dress in no time with almost no makeup and went to the hotel lobby where the whole team was standing. I wished everyone good morning.
Then we all left for the shoot.

Third person POV:
The team reached the sets and they were welcomed by the crew. The Australian team was already there and they were surprised to see a female accompanying the Indian men. The players greeted each other despite not sharing a good bond. Afterall, they were Aussies, they have sledged the team left right and center during every encounter so how can the teams have a cordial relation. Virat shaked hand with Smith who asked him about Anushka.
“Who's this girl? Anyone's girlfriend in the team?”
“Nah...She is our team's manager.” Virat answered in a cold tone.
“Oh, she is beautiful btw. I wonder how you guys manage to concentrate with her being present around you”  This was enough to rile up Virat and he was about to give a befitting reply to him but someone hold his arm tightly. It was Anushka who heard everything but didn't wanted a scene to be created.
“Ohh Hi beautiful lady..You must be knowing me. But what's your name” Smith said
“I am sorry gentleman, but I don't know you. Coming to me, I am Anushka.” Anushka said and Virat could hardly control his laugh.
“Ohh that's unfortunate. I am Steve Smith. You have a beautiful name btw”
They shaked hand and Virat didn't take more time to move from there along with Anushka.
The players did their photoshoot and the team returned to the hotel after a hectic shoot day and retired to their rooms after having dinner.

Next day:

Third person POV:
Anushka woke up and it's time for her workout again but her body demands a proper gym session now as she has been ignoring this for a while. She forgot to ask Virat about the gym so she dialled her number. He picked up the call after a minute and Anushka could hear him huffing on the call. That means he is in the gym for sure.
“Hii Anushka.. what's up?” Virat asked casually.
“Nothing..Are u in the gym?” Anushka questioned
“Yeah, the whole team is here.. We thought to have an early morning gym session before regular practice sessions”
“Ohh, Great.. tell me where the gym is, I have to come” Anushka said and Virat told her the directions.
Anushka made her way to gym and the players were surprised to see her in gym costume.
“Anushka, will you workout?” Virat asked the most stupid question.
“What else are we supposed to do in a gym? And didn't I asked you for the directions?”
“Yeah, but I thought you have to discuss something” Virat told.
By the time, the whole team surrounded Anushka.
“Ohh, so Anushka Sharma in the house guys” Harry said excitedly.
“Welcome to Virat's second home, Anushka” said Ro who was just about to crash on the land.
“You look so tired, Ro...Have a seat, you might fall” Anushka said to her bro.
“Thanks to this crazy creature. I bet one day you all will have to dig my grave in the gym only” cried Ro.
“Don't worry about him Anushka. It's his daily drama after gym session” said Vee and Ro didn't take a second to respond.
“This is not gym session. This is torture. You have made me run on the treadmill for the last 45 minutes”
“Guys, why don't you shut up. It will the best thing to do” Ashwin ordered Virat and Ro.
“Okay, So Anushka, are you also a gym person?” Mahi asked.
“Yes Mahi bhai. I can't stay away from gym for more than 2 days. I love having a good workout session in the gym. Otherwise I feel lazy the whole day” Anushka said and whole team looked at her with wide eyes while Rohit had a weird look on his face.
“Anushka yarr, you can't be my sister. I mean, if I am given the choice, I won't look at the gym for my whole life. And here you willingly want to do workout.” Everyone laughed at Rohit's words.
“Okay Anushka, you do your workout, we are done” Rahul told.
“No, I will have 45 minutes of workout more” Virat said and it was nothing new for the team to hear.
“If you both have to do workout, why not we witness a workout challenge.. We'll have our fun and you guys will complete your workout” Harry suggested and the whole team said yes excitedly. Virat is always ready for a challenge and Anushka too is not a person to back off so they both got ready for challenge.
“So, ready to loose Miss Sharma” said Virat confidently but Anushka is not a person to be suppressed.
“In your dreams,mister” and the competition started.
Virat and Anushka started with the push ups. The team had seen Virat but seeing Anushka's perfect pushups amazed them. They didn't stop for the next 15 minutes. atlast Anushka gave up. Virat passed a teasing smile to Anushka and Anushka turned her fierce mode on. Some teammates were cheering for Anushka while others for Virat, however Mahi was in dilemma.
Then, they both started with the squats. Here Anushka won earing loud applause from the team and making Virat sulk.
The last round was Dead Lift. Virat was still having high hopes of winning unaware that it's Anushka's favourite exercise and she does it almost daily for half an hour and is best at it. They both started and Anushka won. The team literally hogged over her and some even lifted her on shoulders claiming this as the biggest victory they have witnessed. Virat obviously was sulking in the corner afterall he is a sore looser. But in the heart, he was happy to see his team happy and enjoying. Afterall, his heart beats for them.
The rest of the day went quite usual with players practicing while Anushka busy in her work.

******************************************************
Surprise guys🥳🥳
I know it's not 3rd of December, but I just finished one of the toughest chapter of my syllabus so thought of treating myself by updating this chapter
🤩🤩
Enjoy and please comment and Vote.
✨❤️
I couldn't reply to the comments on the last update but I read all of them so thank you
🤧❤️
Byeee Again
☺️
Keep reading, Stay happy
😁