Chapter 29: GETTING NORMAL

Anushka's POV:
Virat got call from his family and I offered him that I'll leave but he hold my wrist and asked me to join him on the call. As soon as he picked I saw Virat's mom, His bhabhi and his bhaiya there. Their faces instantly lit up seeing Virat. We all talked for an hour and his whole family is very sweet. I was glad that atleast he has stopped distancing himself from others now. After the call he asked me to join for dinner and I agreed, we both had our dinner together in his room only talking random things as I thought it was enough of talking about his past and he must be done with it for today. I told him that the team might be late and I could see that he didn't sleep last night so I ordered him to sleep but he denied.
“Come on Virat, Sleep. You need to rest”
“Nushkie, I can control my thoughts when I am awake but what about the nightmares I get everytime I sleep” Virat said. I can understand him.
“Virat, that was because you were excessively thinking about those things. And you can't just avoid sleeping in order to avoid nightmares”
“But...” before Virat could've said anything more I interrupted.
“I will stay here only. You can relax and sleep. Okay?” he smiled
“Pakka?” he is a kid.
“Pakka. Now go, sleep. I hope we will have an amazing day tomorrow”
“Okay sit by my side and I will sleep then” as he said I sat by his side on the bed, he held my hand and slept. I kept running fingers in his hairs and I didn't realise when I slept.

Third person POV:
The whole team returned to hotel. All the youngsters went to their rooms.
“Bhai, Virat se ab baat krni chahiye... We can't let him go into that zone again” Ash said and Mahi nodded.
“You are right but Cheeku never opens up on this topic. We will try and make sure that he forgets his past” Jaddu said.
“Ya, and let's go and first check on him. Is he okay and has he opened the door or not?” It was Ro's words.
“we will talk to Anushka also about how Virat spent the day. Did they even meet or was he in his room all the tym?” Everyone nodded to Mahi's words and made their way to his room. Harry and Rahul were leading the group. As they reached, they found the door open.
“Mahi bhai, it's open” said Rahul. Mahi came in front and opened the door. As the door opened, they saw Virat sleeping like a baby holding Anushka's hand while Anushka sleeping in sitting posture with her other hand in his hairs... They all stood silently there.
Ro and Mahi looked at each other and smiled. The next they all saw was the empty plates of food. And then they closed the door.
“Mahi bhai, ye to miracle ho gaya.. Thank god, Virat finally allowed someone to console him” Rahul said and they all smiled. Everyone left except Ro and Mahi.
“Bhai, Virat needs someone like Anushka in his life. Someone who can console him, someone who can break the walls he has created around him, someone who can take care of him except us and his family” Ro said.
“I am getting your clues Ro.. And I feel that not only Virat, Anushka also needs someone who can look at the real version of her. I feel she also has buried a lot of pain in her heart. Let's see what destiny has in store for them. For now I am happy that Virat had his food and is sleeping” Saying this Mahi bhai wished Ro good night and went to his room.

Next day:

Virat's POV:
I woke up and I realised that Anushka slept the whole night in sitting posture beside me. She was looking like an angel while sleeping. I slowly and carefully pulled my hand out and made her lie comfortably on the bed and then went to freshen up. I decided not to disturb Anushka as she might not had a good sleep last night. I ordered my coffee and sat in the balcony. I couldn't believe I opened up to someone about my breakup. Whenever I talk to Anushka I feel like pouring my heart to her, I love talking to her, she listens and understands me. She is my best friend and I'm so proud and lucky. What she has done for me yesterday will always stay with me. Her words affects me and she is right, I should stop thinking about that selfish lady's words..There are many important people in my life and I should even forget that I even know her.. Just when I was thinking, Anushka came and put a hand on my shoulder.
“Good morning Vee.” she said and my mind got stuck at her calling me Vee.
“What did you call me?”
“Vee.. vo actually subah-subah itna lamba naam lena is not my cup of tea..” she said
“It sounded so good. You can call me that”
“Great but I didn't need your permission, I have anyways decided to call you Vee from now onwards.”
“How mean” I cribbed
“It's not mean. It's friendship rules. You need not to take any permission from your friend.”
“Okay mam” I said and we laughed.