CHAPTER 34: THE SECOND DATE

Anushka's POV:
Last some days have been very joyful for me. Team won the series, then the celebration party and then the date with Virat and now I'll finally get to meet my family after 1 whole month. I couldn't even sleep in the flight due to the excitement.
We landed and everyone took their luggage.
"Excited to meet the family?" Virat asked.
"Very excited. They must have come to pick me up." I replied and we all walked out.
And there was Mumma and Kiara standing waiting for me. As soon as Kiara saw me, she ran and hugged me very tightly.
"Di, I missed you so much. Finally you are back." she said.
"We'll have a lots of fun now" I said and she smiled and then I met mumma.
All the players also met mumma. And then Kiara went to Virat and he hugged her.
"So, how are you KIA?"
"I am as amazing as you my buddy." and again started the Kia-buddy convo.
I bid the whole team bye and left for home.

Third person POV:
Anushka, Virat and the whole team went to their respective house. Virat bid Anushka bye with a hope that he'll someday tell her the truth. Anushka along with her family reached her home.
"Mumma, why didn't Arnav come? Where's he?" Anushka asked her mom while entering the house.
"I am here, my girl" Arnav said and Anushka ran and hugged him.
"If you were in the house only then why didn't you come to pick me up"
"Are baba, that because I was preparing dishes of your choice to welcome you. You are coming after one whole month so some special arrangements are necessary" Arnav said taking Anushka to the dining table where all her favourite dishes were present.
"I love you so much for this Arnav. But one thing I want to tell you is that I'm not stupid..." Anushka said and her family came around her.
"What are you saying Anushka? We know you are not stupid.. Sit and have lunch my baccha." Anushka's mom said diverting the topic.
"Arnav has prepared 'moong dal halwa' which is only prepared in our house when someone needs permission. Or to do buttering to convince someone.. What permission do you guys need?" Anushka said
"Umm..vo actually...vo.." Arnav said
"I will not eat you up. Say it monkey"
"Di, m btati hu.. Actually we all were getting very bored from the past 2 weeks without you so we planned a 8-9 days trip to West Bengal as the yearly Durga festival is being celebrated there. The trip was supposed to be over by today but they postponed the festival dates and now it is starting from day after tomorrow. We have already bought tickets and in the morning we also tried to book one more for you but all the tickets are sold out now..." Kiara explained
"Ohh. So now, you are in a fix that how to leave me alone and go for this trip?" Anushka asked
"Anu, if we would've any idea that this trip will start after you come back, we would've never booked the tickets or even planned it." her mom said.
"Ya, ,we planned this to kill our boredom and it got totally messed up. You are returning after one whole month and we don't want to leave you here alone" Arnav exclaimed
"Hold on guys... I am not going anywhere so you can enjoy this trip and then we will have our family time. I won't feel bad also because I am so done with travelling now so not interested. And I don't want you all to cancel this trip and Kiara is going to any such festival after so long, so you guys continue with the plan. I am totally Okay" Anushka said.
"Are you sure di? Won't you get bored?" Kiara asked
"I am not a 5 year old kid guys. I'll manage. Enjoy."
As Anushka said, they all spent some time together and then her family left for their trip and Anushka was left all alone in her house.

Virat's POV:
I reached home and was welcomed by a very warm hug from maa. Then I met bhaiya, bhabhi and my cutie Aarav. We all talked for sometime and I could see them avoiding talking about my injury.
"Guys, I have realised that living in the past is foolishness and I have decided to not get affected by my past anymore. So, it's all good" To my words, there were three different reactions. Maa was emotional, bhaiya- bhabhi were shocked, while Aarav was confused not knowing what we were talking about.
"I just want to thank the person who have put some sense into you. God bless that angel" Bhabhi said and I made way to my room. After a minute I saw bhaiya coming in the room and he sat beside me on the bed.
"So, Mr Man of the series, how does it feel to be back home?"
"After one hell of a series, it feels so amazing to be back home, bhaiya.. Feels like Heaven" I replied back.
"And may I know about that special friend of yours whom you mentioned in the post match presentation"
"Bhaiya, I told na.. Anushka.. who was with me on the video call that day" I said and he remembered.
"Ohh. So, is she your friend or vo vali friend?" he asked with a smirk on his face.
"She is just my true friend and she is friend to everyone in the team. So nothing of that sort" I replied with a straight face.
"Ohh.. so Mr Cheeku is upset that she is just friend?" he teased me.
"Come on bhaiya. Don't tease me. Just go now, I want some rest" I said pushing him out of the room.
"You can't escape this easily, Virat." he said before leaving. I finally laid on my bed and slept.