Chapter 26: SLEDGING

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I woke up and went to gym..There was only Virat in the gym.
“Good morning Virat... Where's everyone?”
“You are a little early today.. There's still 30 minutes for them to hit the gym.” he answered..
“Ohh..”
“Nushkie, did you see the posts and those pictures of us at lunch getting viral" he asked but all I could focus on was how mesmerizing my nickname sounded...
“Yeah Virat..I saw them..And my first reaction was a laugh.. These media person have turned this whole thing into a sting operation” I laughed because these rumours really didn't matter to me this time..
“Same Yarr.. And the funniest thing is the caption.. They worte that they are loving us together.. after that zoomed and blurred picture, who the hell will even find us lovely?” he laughed after getting relaxed.
“Let's have another dead lift competition then?” I asked.
“No way.. You are Pro at it... Why not have a competition of snatch (virat's fav exercise)? Let's see who wins there...”He said and and we both agreed.
First it was his turn and he was too good at it. But I still managed to pass the first round...and we kept going...rounds after rounds and we didn't realise we were all sweaty as we were exercising for the past 45 minutes continuously. Not like we stopped by our own wish, It was Harry who screamed and stopped us.

Third person POV:
Virat Anushka were totally busy in the challenge such that they didn't even realise when the team came. The whole team came and stood by the door watching these two gym freak sweating it out. Some were shocked how can someone compete with Virat..while some were still not getting how can they not realise that they are totally wet out of sweat. Harry being the most insane one tried to bring them to reality in the craziest way....He screamed on the top of his voice and Virat-Anushka finally stopped...
“What's it Harry? Why are u screaming?I was just about to win the challenge” said Virat.
“Shut up Virat.No way I'd have let you win” Anushka replied catching her breaths.
“Noone can defeat me in a snatch competition and look at you, you are out of breaths, Nushkie... I'd have easily won it...”
Before Anushka could have given a savage comeback answer, someone else had a valid question in his mind.
“Everything's okay but who's nushkie?” asked the dumbo Yuzi
“Yuzi you're so dumb. It's Anushka's nickname and before you ask, I gave her this beautiful name” Virat said raising his imaginary collars
“Okay so you guys are the new besties in town. wohhooo” shikhar exclaimed
“Sikhii,stop being on social media too much.you are speaking just like some media portal.” Mahi bhai said jokingly and the team laughed..
“Guys now let's not waste more time, let's hit the gym” Virat said in his ever enthusiastic voice..
“Gosh Virat. You are working out for last more than 1 hour. Relax a bit, man” These were the words of a surprised Anushka
“Anushka, Virat and Gym is a better love story than twilight” Harry joked.
“Harry, tujhe pata b hai twilight kya hai?” It was KL teasing his friend and the team laughed.
Then the team worked out while Anushka went to her room to freshen up. After having breakfast in their respective rooms the team left for the ground.
The next two days passed like a blow of air with the same routine of gym, meals and practice for the players.It was again a game day.

Anushka's POV:
I don't know about others but I am hell nervous today. Don't be surprised guys, over these days I may not have learnt a lot about cricket but I have surely been a part of this group who desperately wants to win this series. I don't know how exactly is cricket played but I definitely know the pain of losing.
From the first match loss to this game day of fourth match, I have experienced all those feelings along with the players so I am the only fan who doesn't know ABC of cricket and still wants team to win with all my heart. Let's not crib more and let the game start.
As usual Mahi bhai gave the players a short motivational speech and the players are super ready to hunt the Kangaroos.

Third person POV:
Team India was bowling first. Anushka wished everyone luck and sat with her fingers crossed in the dressing room.The Australian team was batting nicely and bowlers were trying hard to restrict them at the minimum possible score. The Aussies scored 329 runs in 50 overs and now it was over to the batters..
The second innings started and Ro and Rahul went as the opening pair. The first two overs were maiden (0 runs from over)..In the third over,the first ball was as fast as the speed of the light and Rohit was bowled on 0.. the team was at 0-1 in 2.1 overs.. Everyone in the dressing room couldn't believe what just happened and the next thing they saw is Rohit coming in the dressing room and Virat walking out. Rohit was looking unusually upset and Anushka saw it. She went to his friend and his bro and hugged him tightly.
“It's Okay Ro... It's okay” Anushka helped Ro to calm. He hugged her even more tightly and finally became normal.
“I just hope we win this match” Rohit said and Anushka gave him an assuring nod.
They were all again focused on the match. Virat and Rahul were batting slow and carefully but again,one more Yorker and this time, it was Rahul who was bowled out. Gloomy faces in the dressing room were saying the story itself. The team was now 23-2 runs in 8 overs. While Virat who was on the field was just focused on winning this match for his team at any cost. As soon as Rishab entered in the field, he called him to have a talk.
“Rishab, we know we are not in a very good situation but we have to win this. You just play 10 balls carefully and risk free and then play your natural game.Go for it” his words did help the young Rishab in overcoming his nervousness.The things went just as Virat thought. The next 2 overs, they played slowly and carefully. And after that, it was just sixes and fours all around. Virat and Rishab's powerful batting and mainly Rishab's, shifted the pressure from the Indian team to the Aussies. Indian team were 200/2 in 30 overs. The Australian team knew that if they batted like this for 10 overs more, they'll win the match so they started their cheap sledging. And they know how Virat responds to sledging so they targeted Rishab.
“Young gun, no matter how awesome you play, your countrymen will only lick Virat's boots...he will steal all ur credit” said Mathew Wade.. Rishab ignored them.
“You are no way going to play this game for long. You seems to be an insult to this game” This was Steven Smith. The Umpire also tried to calm them down but they didn't stop. Everyone in the dressing room knew what these kangaroos were upto. Anushka didn't understand what was going on but Mahi told her about sledging and how Australia always use it.
“A person with this height and weight should even not be allowed to enter the cricket ground” this came from Cummins and Virat could see how bad Rishab felt. This was it. Virat went to Cummins and said
“You bloody jerk, don't you dare have a go on my teammate..talk to me and I will show you your place..” The umpire tried to take them away from each other but failed.
“Go to the fucking hell..Your teammate is  a crybaby who'll cry if I say him one more thing.. Firstly go and babysit him” And Cummins riled up Virat more.
“I will make sure you regret your words whole ur life. Your team is a group of 10 fucking jerks who knows only sledging.. Now, I'll show you who is a crybaby...” Virat said and went away giving one or more Hindi galis.. Rishab tried to calm his virat bhai down but he knew that it's of no use. The Indian crowd, the whole team and even the Aussies were now aware that the next over of Cummins is going to be a big event.
Cummins came to bowl his next over and it was Virat on the strike. If looks could kill, Cummins must have been buried in the ground by now.
Cummins bowled the first bowl and Virat hit that for a six.. The Indian fans were overjoyed.
Cummins bowled the 2nd ball and Virat hit his classy cover drive and this 4 felt like a slap on Cummins face. Even the ever calm Mahi was also excitedly cheering for his kiddo.
The third ball and again a six..
The fourth ball went for a four...
And the next two balls went for six..The Indian fans were going crazy and Virat just passed a look to Cummins and said “Worry not mate, There is still one more over of yours left..I will not let you go so easily..” And Cummins knew he is going to end up having a lots of runs in his pocket.
After one over, it was Cummins's over again but Rishab was on strike. He took a quick single on the first ball and it was time for the show again.
The second and third ball went for a maximum. The third ball went for a four.
The fourth ball went for a six and with the six Virat completed his century. He celebrated enthusiastically and then hit the fifth ball for a maximum again.
Cummins was drained by now and he was fuming with anger. All he could see was the person responsible for this (Virat) standing in front of him smiling with his teammate. And the situation took over him and he did the unexpected on the next ball.

******************************************************
What do you think Cummins did?
🤔
What's your views on the sledging..
🙄
Comment and let your author know how feel about this update..
❤️😊
Keep reading, Stay happy 😁