Chapter 38: JOINING FOR IPL

One day later
Anushka's POV:
Today was the day that Anushka and Virat will meet after a month as Anushka will be joining Vee toady. Virat was extremely happy as his practice also got finished before time and he could reach hotel before Anushka and surprise her. It was 5 in the evening and Anushka landed in Kolkata and then reached the hotel. She went to the reception and before she could've asked anything, the receptionist herself said:
"Hii Mam, if I'm not wrong you are Anushka Sharma."
"Yes, it's me." Anushka replied.
"Mam, Come I'll guide you to the room" The receptionist said.
"But let me atleast tell you whom I want to meet."
"Mam, Virat sir has already informed us about your arrival and instructed us to take you straight to his room." she said and Anushka followed her. The receptionist showed her the room and gave her the spare key and went away. Anushka had no idea that Virat is in the room. She opened the door and Virat screamed 'SURPRISE' in his enthusiastic voice just at the moment. Anushka got totally surprised and jumped. Virat took the shocked Anushka in a hug. Anushka also hugged him tightly after realising what has actually happened and they didn't break the hug for 2 minutes. Happiness of meeting each other was clear on their faces and their hug was explaining how much they've missed each other. They both finally pulled out of the hug but Anushka's hands were still around Virat's neck and Virat had still held Anushka by her waist. Looking into each other's eyes was making them feel in heaven.
"I missed you so much Vee." Anushka said in a low voice.
"I missed hearing Vee from you in person, Nushkie. I can't explain how happy I am" Virat also said in a low voice. They stood in the same position and kept looking in each other's eyes. Flooded with emotions, Anushka's eyes became moist and a tear slipped away, Virat softly wiped the tear with his thumb and rubbed his thumb against Anushka's soft cheeks which had turned total pink by now. Virat moved a little closer to Anushka and Anushka tightened her arms around his neck. Virat looked at Anushka's pink lips which were so beautiful and perfect. This was the first time they both were this close, their heartbeats were ringing and were sounding like a melody to their ears. The moment was so perfect that Virat and Anushka wanted the world to freeze. Virat was a man of instincts and today also he went by his instincts and rubbed his thumb against Anushka's lips and then looked in Anushka's eyes for permission. He didn't know how will Anushka react to this sudden intimacy but Anushka also slowly blinked as if giving the permission for Virat to do what they both wanted in the moment. Virat moved a little more closer and their lips must've been just a centimetre away when suddenly there was a knock on the door. They both came back to reality and moved back a little. The awkwardness between the couple was so thick that it can be cut with a knife, and it was bound to be, afterall this was first time that they both have been so close. Before any of them could've said anything, there was another knock and Anushka gestured Virat to open the door. As Virat opened, there was his bestie AB standing on the door to take him for a walk.
"Biscuit, let's go for a walk" Ab said without noticing Anushka.
"AB, glad you yourself came here. Come, I'll make you meet Anushka." Virat excitedly said, while Anushka smiled at AB from behind and then came and stood beside Virat. This is the first time she was seeing AB in person but she has heard about him thousands of time from Virat.
"Oh, Welcome Anushka. And sorry, I didn't realise you're here too. Glad to meet you. I am AB" Ab introduced himself with a bright smile.
"Hello AB. So happy to meet you. Virat is all praise for you." Anushka said forwarding her hand for a shake.
"This man appreciates me a way too much, don't go by his words. And I am really glad finally this biscuit got someone to share his happiness and miseries. I am very happy for you two." AB said and Anushka was confused if AB knows about their relationship or not?
"You must be thinking how I know about you two being a couple. Actually, I heard him talking to you over phone by mistake and I couldn't resist asking him. I am sorry because he told me that you didn't want to disclose this" AB said to Anushka.
"No, it's fine. I am okay. By the way, I must tell you, you both give more couple goals than me and Virat. I have seen your photos." They all laughed on Anushka's words.
"Danielle, my wife says the same but she has made peace with the fact that Virat is so dear to me and he literally is my second wife for these 2 months of Ipl" He said while laughing.
"AB, your words are making things looks so wrong. Nushkie, I sure I am straight" All Anushka could do on his boyfriend's weird talk was laugh and that's what she did.
"Anushka, Danielle and my little bundle of joy- my son is accompanying me for IPL this year. You can catch up with them and they will be very happy. This biscuit will get busy in matches so atleast you guys will have company." AB suggests and Anushka knew in the moment that this man is surely as good as Virat describes him.
"Thanks a lot AB. I will surely catch up with them." Anushka replied.
"Okay, I should get going. Enjoy, guys. And I won't tell anybody in the team, it'll be a secret." AB said putting his fingers on his lips and he went away with a smile on his face.
"He is such a beautiful human" Anushka said.
"Yeah, and I m also sorry Anushka that I couldn't hide it from him." Virat said.
"No Virat, it's totally fine. Even I feel guilty that we have to hide such an important thing from our team and families because of me." Anushka said with a bit of sadness.
"Don't blame yourself Anushka. Everything in this relationship is ours. And after IPL, we'll anyways disclose it to Aunty so no worries. Or Chup Chup ke pyaar krne ka maza hi kuch or hai" Virat said making Anushka laugh and taking her in another hug.
"You must be tired. Go and freshen up. I will check about tomorrow's schedule by the time" Virat said but Anushka seemed a bit hesitant as if she wanted to say something but couldn't.
"What happened, Nushkie?" Virat asked.
"Ummm... Actually Virat...vo" Anushka stammered.
"Nushkie, you know you can say anything to me. Tell me."
"Vee, I know you must've planned different things but if you don't mind I want to have a different room. Vee it's not about trust, I trust you with all that I have but all these things are a bit new to me so it will take time for me to get used and comfortable to such things. I am sorry If I am hurting you but." Anushka said in one go.
"Stop, Stop, Stop... Nushkie, firstly you need not to think even once before saying or talking about anything to me. And for me, your comfort is priority. I understand your feelings and we will take baby steps in our journey. And moreover, I have already booked a room for you before your arrival, my duffer. I was even about to give you the keys. Come I'll show you your room." Virat said and Anushka was feeling very lucky to have Virat. She along with Virat moved to her room. Virat went and she got freshened up and took a nap of 2 hours. It was 8 in the evening when Virat knocked on her door waking her up from sleep.
"What happened Vee? You ruined my beauty sleep" Anushka said with her half opened eyes.
"You slept for total 2 hours and still complaining about not having proper sleep. You came here from Mumbai only, so no jetlag excuse as well. Get up." Virat said trying to wake up Anushka who again laid on her bed.
"Ohh god. You can't even let a person have proper sleep." Anushka said putting a pillow over her ears to avoid hearing Virat's voice.
"Nushkie, You are behaving totally like Ro and now you are forcing me to wake you up in my style." Virat said but Anushka didn't care. Virat climbed on the bed and snatched her blanket and threw it away but Anushka didn't move.
"I can sleep without a blanket also, Vee" Anushka said and again closed her eyes. Virat thought for a second and then took a glass full of water and threw it on Anushka's face and Anushka stood up with a jolt the very next second.
"Are u crazy, Virat. In the month of January you have thrown water on me at 8 in the evening. I am not going to leave you now" Anushka said and Virat only laughed unaware that Anushka really meant her words. She took the jug and threw it on Virat's face and started laughing. They both were totally wet and standing on the bed. Their amazing voices reached the rooms in the corridor also, thankfully all the rooms on the floor were of RCB's players only. All the players gathered outside the room and they all were shocked seeing the scene in the room. They were shocked seeing their captain playing Holi with water in the month of Jan standing on a bed.
"I am not going to spare you, Vee" Anushka shouted after getting one more glass of water directly thrown at her.
"You won't be able to do anything, Nushkie" Virat reverted in over confidence still unaware of the presence of his teammates at the door.
"Here you go" Anushka said after emptying the whole bucket of water on Virat. This fight would've surely gone for another hour if Rahul wouldn't have screamed.
"Virat-Anushka.... Stopppp ittt.." Finally, they both realised that the whole team was the witness to their very sensible fight.
"Anushka di, app kab aayi?" Yuzi asked.
"Just 2 hours ago, but look at this heartless Vee, is this how you wake someone up from sleep?" Anushka complained and everyone was hardly controlling their laughter.
"Ohh, As if I am the only one at fault. Didn't you also emptied the whole jug full of water on me. And then one bucket full of water also" Virat said to Anushka and they both again started their silly fight. Nobody could believe that this is the same Virat who thrashes bowlers ruthlessly in the match and she is the same Anushka who is one of the most successful young lady of the country.
"Virat- Anushka, if you fight for one more minute, I'm going to call Mahi bhai." Rahul threatened while internally laughing himself, meanwhile Yuzi clicked their photos.
"I am going as of now but Nushkie, I am not backing off from the fight. We'll continue and I'll win" Virat said making a way to his room.
"We'll see. You can never win against me, that always happens in your dreams only." Anushka replied.
"Anushka di, I'll arrange another room for you but if you want, you can enjoy this wet and water dripping bed" Yuzi made fun of Anushka. All the players finally made their way to their rooms and there was no denial that this was the best entertainment they have got till now. The juniors who were new to the team and were a bit intimidated by Virat's great aura and his world class image were shocked to see the real version of him, the unfiltered Virat Kohli. They couldn't believe that their hero whom they think as the poised human also indulge in these silly fights. They had obviously seen him interacting with Rahul, Yuzi, AB, Gayle but always thought that it was because they are also world class players like him and shares the same passion thus he behaves with them that way. Today's incident and his new image instilled a thought in them that they can really go to Virat and talk about anything to him and he means his words when he says the same.

VIRUSHKA: The Fairytaleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें