Chapter 28: SHARING THE PAST

*****************************************************
So, Virat's tenure as the white ball captain ended yesterday. I never had any expectations from this shitty board but didn't he even deserve a farewell series? Didn't he even deserve a thank you post? Didn't he even deserve the mention of his name in the announcement. A player like Virat shouldn't be treated this way, he is a fucking legend. But Karma is a bitch, whoever has done anything wrong with this pure soul will face it someday. Now, it's over for me in the white ball cricket, it'll be just for Virat the batsman now. Test has always been my favourite and now, that will the only format that'll give me peace. Thanks to BCCI for making me hate something that I really loved. All these things could've been done in a better way. I feel for that man who gives his 100 percent on the field, who keeps his team ahead of him, who enjoy other's success. Virat, we can't do anything for you but we are standing by you. Stay strong, my man. The luck was never on your side, the team was never on your side, it has always been you and your hardwork that has taken you to the heights of success❤️❤️ None of your teammates will say but we, your fans with whole heart say this to you:
“You will always be our captain, Virat” ❣️
******************************************************

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I was in the gym and except Virat everyone was present. The whole gym session went silent and gloomy. We all got back to our rooms to freshen up and then met at the breakfast. Virat was still not there.
“Mahi bhai,Virat aayega breakfast p?” Rahul asked..
“Pata nhi.. Call ki thi use, lekin usne message kr diya ki vo room m hi breakfast krega..” Mahi bhai answered
“Aise kaise room m krega..m leke aata hu use” Ro said and went to bring Virat.
We all stood silently and after 10 minutes Ro was coming but alone.
“Kya hua” asked Harry
“He didn't even open the door. And just said that he is all right and even have ordered his breakfast in the room only. I tried to talk to him but he stayed silent.” Ro was very upset.
“Koi nhi Rohit.. Let's give him time.. Let's have breakfast” Mahi bhai said with a sad face.
“Bhai, whatever it is but we can't leave that fucking Cummins like this. He intentionally injured Virat” Harry said.
“Ha bhai, he needs to be punished” Shardul said agreeing to Harry.
“Vee ke poore career p effect pad sakta hai bhai. Iss baar koi leniency nahi. We will reward him for his misdeed” Ro said and this was the first time I saw Rohit so serious and angry. Afterall, it was about his Vee.
“Don't worry guys. I can tolerate anything but not someone mistreating my team and doing bad to them. And this time Aussies has crossed the lines. They will face the consequences.” Mahi bhai said and everyone of us had so much anger and frustration that we all wanted to kill that Cummins right away.
“Let's first do official complaint against him and then we'll see what else is needed to be done” Ash suggested and everyone agreed. And then we all had breakfast.
It was 11:00 and the team were all ready to leave for the ground.
“Anushka, I need your help.” Mahi bhai said.
“Yes bhai.”
“Please stay in the hotel for today. Virat won't be practicing today and I don't want him all alone in the hotel. He might need someone. And today's practice is mandatory so we can't skip it.”
“You need not to say please bhai. I won't leave my friend in his worst. You all go, I will take care of him”
“Thanks Anushka. And we will be late because we will lodge the complaint. So, for that we all will have to go for meeting”Ro said and I assured all of them again. They went for the practice.
I went to Virat's room but it was still closed, I knocked once but he didn't open neither he replied. I thought of not disturbing him much so went back to my room. I had nothing much to do so I started scrolling my Instagram. I had no idea about what's going on social media but as I opened, it was totally flooded with yesterday's incident. There were millions of posts, Some wishing Virat speedy recovery, Some saying that cancel the next match and let the Australian board suffer financial crisis, and mostly were trolling Cummins and Australians for their misdeed. People were even demanding justice for Virat and there was unconditional support and love. This was the first time I have seen someone being loved so much and Virat thoroughly deserves it. Before today, I have only seen trolls and memes on Virat and I always thought why don't his 100 million followers defend him or why don't they bash the trollers trolling their idol but now I know that Virat's fans understand when their idol needs them and are standing for him in his toughest, they don't care about trolling because they know their idol is the best but this intentional misdeed is something they didn't tolerate and are rightly bashing the Aussies. I so wish Virat could see this unconditional care and love these people have for him and how he has earned him but for that he need to open the door and talk to someone. I decided to give it a try once again.